Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Not sure if you guys have seen these but I bought three of them the other day. I have two spots that I wish I had a licking branch and this gives me the opportunity to put one within bow shot distance from the stand.

https://thelickingstick.com/

IMG_20190929_091216108.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow! Just like that the season is here. October 1st is a day away. It is almost time for the grind to begin. The marathon also known as deer season. By the sounds of it, my wife isn't real happy to see deer season here. No doubt she enjoys the fishing season and the boat more so than hunting season.
My advice... Have a plan and execute it. By plan, I mean a literal plan. Know your sets. Know when to hunt them. Know the what winds are best for them.
Be disciplined. Be smart. Be safe.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guys might go up to the mountains days in advance to set up remote camps and scout.  Bad cell service areas means they may not have gotten word.  I love the southern tier woods after three feet dumps.  I have the place to myself.  

Normally, I'd agree...the squirrels would be doing the chipmunk dance once bow starts. But I found out the hard way on Sunday that my .22 needs to be sighted in :itwasntme:

So, not so much on my land this year.

I bought a bunch of blunts though, and those long-tailed rats aren't going to be pestering me in my stand much this year. Just keep dancing, partner, your time is coming.