Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Felt like the 1st day of school.
I forgot my backpack and got on the wrong bus. Bus driver took me to work. IMG_4285.thumb.JPG.fb0fb96f53f2a6240b5b7ac041c1e21f.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Lol. Apparently I never set my alarm so I woke up 20 minutes late. I got about 10 steps from the truck before I realized that I needed to grab my bow.
It's like riding a bike...

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

October 1- bow opener

SW wind 5 mph

Partly sunny

69 low 88 high

Well what can I say... It was great to be in the woods this morning.

Hunted a brand new stand. Lots of fresh sign around. It has all the makings of a great spot. Inside corner, standing corn, three apple trees, Creek bed.

Slow morning. Had deer come through the corn this morning but it was way too early to see them.

IMG_20191001_080157944_HDR.thumb.jpeg.44a4986b45e62865d8c175700dcf3ab2.jpeg

As I thought the Turk seems to be on a 3 day schedule of showing up and yesterday was day 3 and he didn't disappoint he showed up between 6 and 7pm but I just can't hunt him with the bow in this scrub field that he's showing in ...I'll have to intercept him someplace coming in or going out....and yup yesterday was opening day and 85 degrees and he came by

turk 10-1-19 644.JPG

Well with the weather I wasn't planning to hunt at all today. What do you know, the forecast changed and so did my plans. NE wind has me sitting on the best oak flat that I have to hunt.
Deer in two different fields on the drive here and also bumped two in the soy bean field here on the walk in.

October 2 pm
57 degrees
NE wind 10 mph
Cloudy
Rain ending

Well I was on the x tonight.
Covered up in deer for most of the sit. Young bucks, does, fawns. All feasting on the bounty in the woods. Definitely a lot more acorns dropping in there than I initially thought. Heard them dropping the entire time I was on stand. I think the lack of acorns on the ground when I scouted was purely based on the deer and squirrels scooping them up.

About 640ish I put eyes on a stud 9 point that I have on camera for the past couple years. 140+. I never saw him until he was about 35 yards away because of all the foliage. He seemed like he was going to give me a perfect opportunity to chuck an arrow at him. I repositioned myself slightly as he got behind a clump of trees. Of course the doe to my right busts me grabbing my bow, blows and takes off. Buck stops in his tracks behind the tree and literally stands there for thirty minutes. Thirty damn minutes.... Literally ran me out of daylight. Needed one more step. What an encounter!

IMG_20191002_175608934.jpegIMG_20190922_142904715.jpeg

October 2 pm
57 degrees
NE wind 10 mph
Cloudy
Rain ending

Well I was on the x tonight.
Covered up in deer for most of the sit. Young bucks, does, fawns. All feasting on the bounty in the woods. Definitely a lot more acorns dropping in there than I initially thought. Heard them dropping the entire time I was on stand. I think the lack of acorns on the ground when I scouted was purely based on the deer and squirrels scooping them up.

About 640ish I put eyes on a stud 9 point that I have on camera for the past couple years. 140+. I never saw him until he was about 35 yards away because of all the foliage. He seemed like he was going to give me a perfect opportunity to chuck an arrow at him. I repositioned myself slightly as he got behind a clump of trees. Of course the doe to my right busts me grabbing my bow, blows and takes off. Buck stops in his tracks behind the tree and literally stands there for thirty minutes. Thirty damn minutes.... Literally ran me out of daylight. Needed one more step.
What a encounter!IMG_20191002_175608934.thumb.jpeg.030695aa3075a1448eecf6e060dcee54.jpegIMG_20190922_142904715.thumb.jpeg.06159b82cccbb9bf07138b04f6ccf63e.jpeg

Nice you snuck out .... what happened to putting 40 plus rods away and endless flasher fly rigs... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

8 hours ago, Eastforkmarine said:

Nice you snuck out .... what happened to putting 40 plus rods away and endless flasher fly rigs... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Got all my chores done!!!

• Like 2

Well once again the forecast has changed from the morning perdiction and I am back on stand for the pm portion. Wind is scheduled to flip 180 degrees while hunting (east to north to west) leaving me only one set that works.