Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Hunted a different area this morning. And Filled my 2nd doe tag on a nice mature doe.
(1st shot spined her) so put a quick 2nd shot on her

Last night deer were moving like crazy we saw 18 between 2 of us. A few small bucks. But had one nice 130s. 10 point out feeding with a 2.5. 8 and a doe. Almost made it into range of my cousin but only got to 70 yds before we lost light! 2nd time weve seen him do the same thing! 1009190948_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I want to wish everyone luck this weekend, but I had to put a up rant regarding the services that I received at Creekwood Archery.  I took my Hoyt up there back in early August for a tune up and new string.  Total cost at $163.  Fair price after talking with close friends.  Have shot the bow probably 4-5 times per week since then in preparation for this season.  As I stated in an earlier post, I shot a deer on Sunday pm and didn't recover.  So naturally, i got the bow out and started shooting Monday after work.  6 arrows, dead on a 25 yards.  Shoot Tuesday with the same results.  Grab the bow Wednesday after work and after shooting 2 arrows i got to set my release and the serving on the cable has let go.  I call the pro shop and he tells me to bring in.  So i take it Thursday after work and he said he can have it done by Friday pm.  He SAYS he will reduce the price of setup and only charge me $25 for that!  Okay...... Two months on a new string and you indicate that your going to charge me to make a repair on a new material YOU provided and YOU installed.  So I stop by today after work to pick it up and shoot it, which needed a little adjustment as he had to reset the loop after retying a new serving.  So I go to pay and he tells me that its going to be $53!!!!! to correct a defective product that he provided and installed.  When he indicated the total to me I asked "have you had problems with this happening before on these strings?" His response "We didn't MAKE the string." Oh, i neglected to mention that when i went to pick the bow up in August, my peep site was actually installed UPSIDE down...... Sorry everyone, i just had to vent and voice my extreme displeasure with this shop.  I will be taking my business elsewhere!!!  

• Like 1

I want to wish everyone luck this weekend, but I had to put a up rant regarding the services that I received at Creekwood Archery.  I took my Hoyt up there back in early August for a tune up and new string.  Total cost at $163.  Fair price after talking with close friends.  Have shot the bow probably 4-5 times per week since then in preparation for this season.  As I stated in an earlier post, I shot a deer on Sunday pm and didn't recover.  So naturally, i got the bow out and started shooting Monday after work.  6 arrows, dead on a 25 yards.  Shoot Tuesday with the same results.  Grab the bow Wednesday after work and after shooting 2 arrows i got to set my release and the serving on the cable has let go.  I call the pro shop and he tells me to bring in.  So i take it Thursday after work and he said he can have it done by Friday pm.  He SAYS he will reduce the price of setup and only charge me $25 for that!  Okay...... Two months on a new string and you indicate that your going to charge me to make a repair on a new material YOU provided and YOU installed.  So I stop by today after work to pick it up and shoot it, which needed a little adjustment as he had to reset the loop after retying a new serving.  So I go to pay and he tells me that its going to be $53!!!!! to correct a defective product that he provided and installed.  When he indicated the total to me I asked "have you had problems with this happening before on these strings?" His response "We didn't MAKE the string." Oh, i neglected to mention that when i went to pick the bow up in August, my peep site was actually installed UPSIDE down...... Sorry everyone, i just had to vent and voice my extreme displeasure with this shop.  I will be taking my business elsewhere!!!  

I had a similar situation happen at bullzeye archery in Bloomfield about an 1hr or so from Hilton. The difference is He replaced the string no questions asked. However my nock Loop was tied on a touch low. So I made the hour drive again and Rich worked with me and the bow for 2 hours resighting, tossed in a drop away for free and then paper tuned to make sure I was 100% happy and had confidence back in the bow before I left the shop. It’s definitely worth the trip for service like that.