Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

This morning was great 9 doe no shots ... then this evening was a different story in 43 years at one place I finally put eyes on them my 24 year old ticker was pumping out of my chest ... watching 3 bears mama and two cubs moving thru woods.. WOW be right back out tomorrow... good luck boys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

I hate when the alarm is set to go off at 5 and you wake up at 2, knowing that it's over: no sense even trying. Some nights are like that. But why does it have to be a perfect day when you've got nothing to do but sit in a stand?

Gup - I hope everything worked out for your kid. Golisano is first class. Good luck.

The past two days have been awesome to be in the woods, but despite seeing lots of bone, no shooters. I happen to know that our resident rock star who doesn't post here much managed to stick a ten last night. I want to check with him before posting a picture. It's a dandy.

• Like 1

I hate when the alarm is set to go off at 5 and you wake up at 2, knowing that it's over: no sense even trying. Some nights are like that. But why does it have to be a perfect day when you've got nothing to do but sit in a stand?

Gup - I hope everything worked out for your kid. Golisano is first class. Good luck.

The past two days have been awesome to be in the woods, but despite seeing lots of bone, no shooters. I happen to know that our resident rock star who doesn't post here much managed to stick a ten last night. I want to check with him before posting a picture. It's a dandy.
[/what??????

young buck chasing A group of doe 10 min ago n 7 or so other doe moving thru earlier w a spike yesterday am 12 or more antler less not one buck night before 6 7 buck 2 shooters n only 2 doe these ams for mature buck hunting has been tuff passed a decent 3.5 or 4.5 8 Tuesday am possibly oct lull seeing lots of deer just not the mature bucks was seeing 2 weeks ago

BA1B088E-F12E-4B1B-B6CC-5810B690DEFA.jpeg

F48D0D12-074D-4F70-9981-FE3F697CE120.jpeg

763E076F-4B6E-419D-A858-0E0AC350A866.jpeg

October 20 am
37 degrees
SW wind 5 mph
Partly sunny

Not a whole lot of action this morning. 5 does/fawns in the field early along with one single deer by itself. I'm assuming it was a buck. Had a small doe come through an hour or so after first light and that's it for deer. A dozen turkeys showed up about nine or so.
I did notice a bunch of new scrapes today on the walk out.

IMG_20191020_100220258.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Slow for me this morning, too. My buddy did take a big buck last night, but the property owner asked that no pictures be posted. It was a beauty though. I shot video of a four dogging a doe through the woods. That and a button buck was all I saw.

Slow for me this morning, too. My buddy did take a big buck last night, but the property owner asked that no pictures be posted. It was a beauty though. I shot video of a four dogging a doe through the woods. That and a button buck was all I saw.

3 plus one small buck stirring up the pot..... hitting a area I’ve never hunted tonight GOODLUCK

Back at it for the afternoon hunt. In one of my all-time favorite places. I actually move this stand in the offseason across the plot 30 yards in order to play the wind better. It's now in place for northerly winds.
Deer have been moving since about five.

October 20 pm

60 degrees
NE wind 5 mph
Mostly sunny

Lots of deer on their feet after 6pm. Saw 8 does/fawns total. Most made their way to the winter wheat field. Saw a stud of a buck in the next field over. He was enjoying the winter wheat also.

IMG_20191020_174447465.jpeg

Well working man gotta work so I am on stand for the pm hunt.
Woods is finally starting to drop some leaves and I can finally see farther then 25 yards in here. With all the maples and oak dropping leaves in here, the scrape to my right is noticabley still getting hit. A little breeze coming from the NE and I'm noticing the lack of fresh acorns dropping. The acorn flat is almost dried up. Every time I have put a camera in here it shows heavy feeding activity in September and slows down mid October.

Right past my stand this morning Adjustments.thumb.JPG.7c001aae85ba4362f6ffbaf2d6cc6c09.JPG

If you need someone to babysit it while you’re working...........