Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

We live up in St Lawrence Co and I asked my 17 yr old to help me with a project that took all day Saturday and kept him out of the woods. He went hunting yesterday and pulled the card on his camera next to his stand and found the attached all of which were from Saturday and that night. Also has a day picture of the bear he didn't send me- real big bear. Guess I picked the wrong day.22557.jpeg22555.jpeg22553.jpeg22550.jpeg22546.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well looks like the grind starts now. Finished a big job today and have a much lighter schedule then I have had since May. Still plenty of work to keep me busy but at a realistic pace. Looking forward to some dedicated time in the woods. Since the start of the season I have rarely had a chance to hunt AMs and PM's in the same day. I have actually had very few am sits at all. Wife isn't looking forward to it... She was notified last night.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well looks like the grind starts now. Finished a big job today and have a much lighter schedule then I have had since May. Still plenty of work to keep me busy but at a realistic pace. Looking forward to some dedicated time in the woods. Since the start of the season I have rarely had a chance to hunt AMs and PM's in the same day. I have actually had very few am sits at all. Wife isn't looking forward to it... She was notified last night.

But if I know your family dynamic there will be week coming up this winter warm and exotic to balance out the scale!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

But if I know your family dynamic there will be week coming up this winter warm and exotic to balance out the scale!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

No vacation this year. I mean Id love to but we just have had too much going on. 

October 28 pm
61 degrees
ESE wind 5 mph
Partly sunny

Perfect wind for my swamp stand.
Except for the stand visit from that half racked buck and followed by his return chasing a doe it was quiet. It was great to see some chasing though. Deer sighting were non existent else where. Nothing in the fields. Didn't even see a deer on the ride home.

IMG_20191028_174007133_HDR.jpegIMG_20191028_174001919.jpeg

Good job on the buck! It was slow for me last night, too. Virtually no doe moving and only a couple of small buck right at dark ghosting past. No grunting, chasing, or other form of activity near me or my buddy. And zero deer on the drive home, standing or dead. I'm scratching my head, as this is generally my best week of the year.

It's the calm before the storm. After today its going to be a total different ball game. Weather trumps everything hands down. I have avoided hunting up until this point. Starting tomorrow it's full force ahead.