Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

I was just looking at the forecast for the next week or so and thought the same thing.  I'm staying out of the woods for the next few days because of the weather, but I'll be out Friday morning and hopefully most of the weekend.

Honestly I believe that a few doe came into estrus this past few days. The big boys have them locked up. Late morning hunting should be good from now till gun, if you have a low impact stand spot on the down wind side of a doe bedding area, or a travel funnel and have time, lol. I'd be out! Can't wait to see more bucks down!

I was just looking at the forecast for the next week or so and thought the same thing.  I'm staying out of the woods for the next few days because of the weather, but I'll be out Friday morning and hopefully most of the weekend.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

October 29 am
44 degrees
SW wind 5-15
Clear skies

Very uneventful morning. Literally nothing but one squirrel this morning. Checked both cameras for the first time this year on this property and they are still both showing most of the activity is in the pm.

IMG_20191029_075318537.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

8 minutes ago, momay4000 said:

Based on Sturgis' algorithm, Saturday is the day

Agreed.

Looks like we will be sidelined thursday and friday. Maybe even weds pm depending on when the rain actually hits. And then Im thinking its game on!!!

• Like 2

I was lucking enough to bag "a deer of a lifetime" this weekend. A Piebald 10pt 3.5yo buck in Prattsburgh. I have never seen this deer on any cameras before. It was an absolute shock when I saw him at 7:30 Saturday morning. It all happened within 8 seconds but I put a good shot on him (entry shown in pics-20ft ladder-20yards) and I heard him crash. After posting him on NY antler I got tons of feedback from local hunters that had been following him. A few had pictures back to 2017. 1 guy had him at 18yards and couldnt shoot because he had his tag filled, another let him pass as a 1.5yo and had him out of range this bow season. I was able to put this map together off all the property's that had sighted him. pretty cool to learn so much about a single buck. I'm tickled to have him and I'm doing a half body mount on him.

• Like 1

EVERYBODY was telling me I had to do full body. I'm single and have a finished basement where all of my taxidermy resides, so I have the room (FOR NOW). Still very expensive for half body at $1600. But I will never get another one, most likely will never even see another one

2 hours ago, Drebs12 said:

EVERYBODY was telling me I had to do full body. I'm single and have a finished basement where all of my taxidermy resides, so I have the room (FOR NOW). Still very expensive for half body at $1600. But I will never get another one, most likely will never even see another one

Congratuations ...!!! Love the story too

• Like 1