Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

October 29 pm
66 degrees
WSW wind 5-7 mph
Partly sunny

Warm sit. One of the warmest this season so far. Mature buck sighting about 515ish but otherwise really quiet until after sunset. Saw another 15 deer mostly does/fawns but one small buck. Bumped a few other on the walk out also.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Will be out in the am but have to load a bunch of jerky in the smoker first.
Working Thursday through Saturday and then off for eight days. Great time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 8/23/2019 at 7:16 AM, Gator said:

Hung the first stand on our new property a couple weeks ago, and had a ten-point walk past it at 30 yards the next day. I was trimming overhanging limbs on our access road when I saw him walking through the back field. I boogied around the hedgerow to where the stand sits, to have him walk right up to me. Very impressive animal, even in velvet. We will be hanging the rest of the sets tomorrow morning. Also contracted with a local hobby farmer to hay the back lot in return for some food plot installation. Win-win.

I finally ordered my Accura V2 yesterday. It's the same gun that Brian, Matt, Rob and seemingly countless others shoot. I ended up with the Leupold scope and nitride finish, Blackhorn 209 powder, and Barnes 245 gr Expanders, 

One final impression - the oaks are loaded this year. Everyone should be thinking about oak flats at the end of October. This is going to be one of those banner years for hard (and soft) mass in this area.

No acorns in the Alabama swamp.

Covered up in deer this morning.

Bumped a rutted up, stinky buck on the walk in. Acorns are dropping like crazy. I never realized how many mature oaks were actually in here. I learning now that I should have hung a stand here sooner than this year. No doubt I overlooked it.

• Like 1

Me 2! He was smelling. Pretty ripe!

Covered up in deer this morning.
Bumped a rutted up, stinky buck on the walk in. Acorns are dropping like crazy. I never realized how many mature oaks were actually in here. I learning now that I should have hung a stand here sooner than this year. No doubt I overlooked it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

11 hours ago, garrymny said:

No acorns in the Alabama swamp.

Gary please tell me you are not part of the deer drive hunters that walk thru brush blowing crow calls in Alabama?

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

NO photo credit? :-P:handshake::rofl: Great Deer! I will miss him.

lol wasnt sure if you were on here. Good luck this weekend, i will be down there to scout some other areas and help everybody else out

October 30 am
48 degrees
NW wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies

Good morning to be in the woods. Pretty sure I bumped a mature buck this morning walking in. Giant body and he absolutely stunk. Too darker to see a rack.
15 deer or so. 7 bucks total this morning including another mature buck around 9 or so. Two episodes of minor chasing.