Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

update...

Just got home. Walked the blood trail. Heavy, heavy blood without an exit hole. At least one lung because it was all over the field. Found him. Right where I last saw him go into the woods and still alive. Barely. Walked up on him and he very slowly got up and walked into the thickest part of the neighbors property. Hes toasted. My best guess is liver and one lung. My plan is to go there in the morning. I probably should have just waited until morning and he would have been dead right where i last saw him. Im at the mercy of coyotes now.

• Like 1

update...
Just got home. Walked the blood trail. Heavy, heavy blood without an exit hole. At least one lung because it was all over the field. Found him. Right where I last saw him go into the woods and still alive. Barely. Walked up on him and he very slowly got up and walked into the thickest part of the neighbors property. Hes toasted. My best guess is liver and one lung. My plan is to go there in the morning. I probably should have just waited until morning and he would have been dead right where i last saw him. Im at the mercy of coyotes now.

Good luck buddy....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

November 1 pm
42 degrees
Insane west winds becoming West wind 5-15
Partly cloudy

Well like I said I had no plans on hunting today and working late but that weather forecast go to me. Hunt the weather! Those crazy winds looked to be calming down for a pm sit so I snuck out early and was in the stand about 415ish.
About 430 or so I had a doe sneak behind the stand. She was followed closely by a stud of a buck. 20 yards broadside on my left side but no chance of getting a shot off. Just too thick in there so I watch him disappear. Trailing close behind them was a 1.5 year old. I jumped on the grunt tube thinking maybe we had a big breeding party but didn't notice any others.
After that I am jumpy. I'm watching my left side and over my left shoulder closely. About 5, I notice a deer walking out into the field. 40 yards or so. Shooter. He turns and walks right to me. He actually let me grab the bow, stand up, and turn. I let an arrow fly once he is quartering away. I see the arrow hit and then go flying. I wacked him and he broke it off. He ran off about fifty yards. He stopped and stood in front of my camera. He let the camera get some nice shots. He very slowly walked out into the middle of the field and slowly walked almost back to where he came out. Giant, slow circle. He then turned and trotted down the field about 75 yards and disappeared into the woods.

All the evidence makes me feel good about the shot. Looking forward to a sleepless night.

IMG_20191101_180733716.jpegIMG_20191101_180728298.jpegIMG_20191101_180722369.jpegIMG_20191101_180713580.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2