Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

No worries Rob, just part of the deal.

I spent the morning helping Tommy get his deer out. I’m sweaty and tired but am going to get out this afternoon.
Lots of deer moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Update...

Went in late this morning for a final search. Bumped the buck about 50-60 yards from where I lost blood yesterday morning. Crazy to think he's been there since late Friday night but I'm sure I found him in his bedroom. He seemed to have a slight limp but managed get up and trot off. My guess is one lung and only one lung. All the evidence points to just that.
I need to get my head screwed on straight and I'll be back at it tomorrow morning. This has been killing me for almost two damn days.
I guess I feel better knowing he is still alive versus not finding him but still...
Thanks for the support guys!

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think you get him. Could hunt near by n check for him. Could still die or at least he stays close to home and is off his game.

On a lighter side (if there is one)
Wegmans was sold out of popcorn. Customer service said a bunch of guys in camo talking about a Lou, bought all the popcorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Able to score my first bday buck in 26 years of hunting. 11/1/19 will be a day I never forget and it's not about the inches of the rack. My son (5yr old) led the tracking job and is a natural born bloodhound. Led me and my dad right to him. Was a great bday party in the woods !!!1102191336a_HDR.jpeg1102191334c_HDR.jpeg1102191338e_HDR.jpeg1101191814c_HDR.jpeg

• Like 9

November 3 am
41 degrees
SW wind 5-10
Cloudy

Pretty quiet sit. Had a lonely doe fawn meandering around the woods for most of the morning. Camera showed three decent bucks in the area so it's easy assumed that mom is getting poked. Had a small buck come by about 830 and that would be it for the am.

November 3 pm
44 degrees
W wind 5-10
Party cloudy

Hunted the same property this afternoon with a similar outcome. One small doe at sunset made her way through. Bumped a buck and doe walking out. Couldn't see the rack but it wasn't a 1.5 year old.

All in all, very quiet on this property today.

I have yet to see any major chasing this year but have seen 3 mature bucks with does since Friday.

And 7 mature buck sightings since Thursday night-

Big buck crossing the road on my way to dinner Thursday night an hour before dusk

Huge buck with a doe at 430 on stand on Friday pm

Shot big 8pt from the stand at 5 on Friday pm

Stepped on a big buck with a doe while walking out of the woods around 10 ish Saturday morning

Mature buck with a doe last night walking out

Mature buck crossing the road on my way home from hunting last night.

Mature buck on the parkway last night after dinner at the BNI

They are on their feet and looking for love

I have yet to see any major chasing this year but have seen 3 mature bucks with does since Friday.

And 7 mature buck sightings since Thursday night-

Big buck crossing the road on my way to dinner Thursday night an hour before dusk
Huge buck with a doe at 430 on stand on Friday pm
Shot big 8pt from the stand at 5 on Friday pm
Stepped on a big buck with a doe while walking out of the woods around 10 ish Saturday morning
Mature buck with a doe last night walking out
Mature buck crossing the road on my way home from hunting last night.
Mature buck on the parkway last night after dinner at the BNI

They are on their feet and looking for love

Just like us all

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United