Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

I believe that we are in the lock down for most big boys right now. Have heard of multiple sightings of big deer breading doe's the last two days. Had a good one at 35 yards locked right with a doe last night but they were in no hurry. My vacation starts Wednesday, and if my assumption is correct, should be perfect timing for the big ones to leave their 1st girlfriends of the season and looking for the next.

• Like 1

I believe that we are in the lock down for most big boys right now. Have heard of multiple sightings of big deer breading doe's the last two days. Had a good one at 35 yards locked right with a doe last night but they were in no hurry. My vacation starts Wednesday, and if my assumption is correct, should be perfect timing for the big ones to leave their 1st girlfriends of the season and looking for the next.

After literally not seeing a doe in two full days In the woods in 8R , and only seeing one small 4 point twice I also believe they are in lockdown mode also Matt , I’m betting a few days of winterizing , then back at it Wednesday through ... GOODLUCK

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you are not seeing does it is because they are in hiding from being chased. State agencies have back dated fetuses and breeding typically does not take place this week. Rutting behavior and breeding are two separate things that only come together for a few days. 

Pic from what Dan posted......
And others I know have watched the big deer topping and breeding does. Which means the does are receptive. The biggest deer always get the first doe. I agree it's a bit earlier then usual but , it is happening. Screenshot_20191104-101221.jpeg

Not saying they can’t try. Bucks are ready as soon as velvet drops. Unless does can carry viable sperm for two weeks, conception does not happen this week. Not my research but decades of backdating fetuses. Now I will listen to a buck “locking down” on a doe group and bedding close by so he can keep tabs and do some checking come low light. In the end who cares, the time is now. Get in a tree!

• Like 1

Have been in 8r since saturday nothing but a few doe and 2 spikes. I'm off the rest of the week hopefully things pick up.

After literally not seeing a doe in two full days In the woods in 8R , and only seeing one small 4 point twice I also believe they are in lockdown mode also Matt , I’m betting a few days of winterizing , then back at it Wednesday through ... GOODLUCK

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not saying they can’t try. Bucks are ready as soon as velvet drops. Unless does can carry viable sperm for two weeks, conception does not happen this week. Not my research but decades of backdating fetuses. Now I will listen to a buck “locking down” on a doe group and bedding close by so he can keep tabs and do some checking come low light. In the end who cares, the time is now. Get in a tree!

That’s what I mean by lockdown mode , doe in the sanctuary where man can’t go , older more mature bucks lying close by waiting for her to get hungry again. And or chasing off the irritating smaller buck ...

Anyone want to start a class action lawsuit against Buckbomb?  Their poorly designed pee valve tops give me buckbomb finger when they lock down in use and then pop off when you try to pull the tab back up hosing the user with a lovely mist. 

Certainly a respectable buck....

Able to score my first bday buck in 26 years of hunting. 11/1/19 will be a day I never forget and it's not about the inches of the rack. My son (5yr old) led the tracking job and is a natural born bloodhound. Led me and my dad right to him. Was a great bday party in the woods !!!1102191336a_HDR.thumb.jpeg.f7723316752a1d79b4ef40ea61728e06.jpeg1102191334c_HDR.thumb.jpeg.ee1f16fe671f41135b9ff009e07d89c7.jpeg1102191338e_HDR.thumb.jpeg.fbbb0cf38c53ce731524ef52a2c65f50.jpeg1101191814c_HDR.thumb.jpeg.0b4f4bace8ee4ec6e23ab6df780274c1.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Bell curve model seems appropriate.  You would have a hard time convincing me otherwise without showing me the design of experiment and the data.  People always seem to nowadays skip that and go directly to the abstract.  PS. State agencies have in the past disenfranchised me because they went with a conclusion and then cherry picked data to support that conclusion.  When challenge they immediately retreat to their ivory tower.  I don't believe the world is going away in 10 years either.

Sorry about your misting experience.  I hope you don't find my opinion offensive.  It is how I feel.  It is Monday.  I am at work.  Even if I wasn't I can't hunt because I tore my calf muscles 3 weeks before the rut and I still can't walk.  I am living vicariously thru this thread and every day I check to see Dan stick that stud buck. 

Was a hectic morning.. Had a nice buck go by me with his head down. And when I saw him i could not get him to stop to lift his head. Then Had a button head get like 10 feet from me feeding.(I sit on the ground mostly) and then a buddy on same property hit a 120ish 8 in the shoulder. So after a. Couple hrs we went to look for it and it went one way but then he had a big buck on a doe. In front of him with 2 other small bucks and then the buck he shot came back to the rest of the deer so he backed out. Well we went looking after 4 hrs not expexting to find much. So we got close I had him go around to where he saw them bed and i sat on edge where I could see if one jumped up. So he finds where he saw the buck standing after he shot with some blood. And a small buck busts out runs by me. Then another buck busts out to edge looks at me then goes right back in. Ok that tells me the doe is in there. So i glass with my binos and I see the big bucks antlers thru the golden rod. He keeps looking around and eventually the buck he shot got up and ran By me. Def was just a shoulder shot he ran fine, And big buck we thought ran out other side. So. He looked more for blood just to confirm and I turn around to that big one running right by me and his doe almost running me over! So yes they are on lock down haha.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Also had mature buck with a doe...he followed along with her as she browsed around me for hr and a half, was a fully mature doe, looked like a horse.... then I blew the shoot......but anyway... had other 8 pt lingering in the distance

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Joe!!!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app