Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Any of you guys ever try 10 - 2 or till dark if action is there I’m going to try for my first time today and tommor been saying n reading in magazine s forever and finally gonna try mainly because I have hunted From fri till mon night 550 am till 11 then back in stand by 2 till 530 on 4 diff properties and have seen endless chasing of 1.5 2.5 bucks mainly 1.5 last night snuck in Bergan 5 th property since Friday  for first sit of year lil later 3pm and before could climb in stand same thing 2 1.5 running a 1.5 doe hard 45 min later they come crashing thru agine same 3 I knew then if a mature was around w all that commotion I would have seen him as they ran all around me best case senerio besides the matures must have been busy same thing happens sat afternoon 4 1.5 s chasing one hot doe just wondering if the mid day action for matures is really all what it’s printed out in magazines all the tv

Edited by fisherman85

Really the best advice I can give is to spend as much time in the woods as you can this time of year. It is the rut and you never know. Morning, afternoon, midday... What ever time you have.
I certainly prefer mornings this time of year but working every day I just try to make anything happen.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Before I got hurt the last week of October and the first week of November I hunted all day the deer are moving all day so I loved being out there watching nature it's really cool ,have several big bucks on the wall and they all got shot between 10-2

my father used to tell me the same thing come in for lunch and then go back out for the evening hunt and I always seemed to bump deer all the time going back in so when I told him I wanted to stay in the stand he couldn't under So he said you won't see anything , I shot my first big 8 pointer at noon went in to get dad to help me drag it out and you could see the lightbulb go on

Edited by woody 184
Spell

Any of you guys ever try 10 - 2 or till dark if action is there I’m going to try for my first time today and tommor been saying n reading in magazine s forever and finally gonna try mainly because I have hunted From fri till mon night 550 am till 11 then back in stand by 2 till 530 on 4 diff properties and have seen endless chasing of 1.5 2.5 bucks mainly 1.5 last night snuck in Bergan 5 th property since Friday  for first sit of year lil later 3pm and before could climb in stand same thing 2 1.5 running a 1.5 doe hard 45 min later they come crashing thru agine same 3 I knew then if a mature was around w all that commotion I would have seen him as they ran all around me best case senerio besides the matures must have been busy same thing happens sat afternoon 4 1.5 s chasing one hot doe just wondering if the mid day action for matures is really all what it’s printed out in magazines all the tv

I’ve shot a couple of my biggest bucks between 11-3 on all day sits.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Welp somebody got away with my tree stand. Have been saving this spot all year to use this week I finally get up here and I have no tree stand. Part of me is pissed and just wants to go home the other half of me says find a log to sit on and take advantage of my time being here. Over an hour drive from my house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Welp somebody got away with my tree stand. Have been saving this spot all year to use this week I finally get up here and I have no tree stand. Part of me is pissed and just wants to go home the other half of me says find a log to sit on and take advantage of my time being here. Over an hour drive from my house.

I had a similar experience on Monday although mine was not stolen. Made the 35 minute walk to the very back of our property to hunt a stand I’ve been saving. I got half way up my ladder and was like WTH! The tree top is still resting on the arm rest. Made a mess of the stand! Believe it or not this is the 2nd stand in 2 years to be wrecked by a tree top breaking offIMG_2480.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok well long night last night we def had a little gut material. So we didnt want to jump him after that 150 yds. So back this morning with a dog to play it safe. And thank god we did. The coyotes jumped him out of his bed in the thick stuff and chassed him a total of 997yds. Across a hill. Literally only a speck of blood every 50 yds. Just hoping the dog was doing the right thing. And we found him half eaten... But that deer back tracked on its self. Went different ways than u would ever expect. 100% would not of found that deer! But. Happy to get him! Hit was about exzactly where I thought slightly quartering to me. Hit one lung huge slice from liver and stomach. Grossed him at 135! First buck ive shot on my new land so pretty happy! 1106190957_HDR.jpeg1106190854a.jpeg1106190854.jpeg1106191006_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

That’s awful. What area do you hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you happen to do it all over again, invest in a camera with the purchase of a stand. Set it 10 feet away so you have a chance of catching the thieves. It will catch up to them sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1