Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Question to the blackhorn 209 powder shooters? What are you using to carry extra rounds in the field with you?

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Buy containers that you can put premeasured powdered in. The same gun i use 110 gr. With the after market breach plug that they recommend

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 10/5/2019 at 4:56 AM, Gator said:

First sit of the season, and I could have taken a slammer buck.  I didn't even pick up my bow.  If I had, I think I might have shot him, because I probably couldn't have stopped myself.  But i decided before I went out yesterday that there was no way I was shooting a buck this early and moping around the rest of the season.  I know, I'm crazy.  I could have been fishing, duck hunting, shooting does.  And I would have gone through the fall feeling a certain lack.  There's something about the focus and intensity in late October when the rut kicks in and you're on edge knowing any moment could be THE moment that I can't get doing all those other things.  I'd be giving that up by poking a random stud that wandered across my set early.  I was up in the middle of the night wondering if I'd screwed the pooch, but I'm okay with my decision this morning.  At least it wasn't work keeping me up lol. Time to go hunting!

hey gator.. I know what you mean....I burned my buck tag on oct. 4 on one of our local lake Ontario lunkers.  haven't been on here in awhile but remember meeting you a few times when fishing with my friend jim (pequad)  its been not quite as much fun sitting around as much with the just the doe but I have anyways because I just enjoy being out so much anyways. but definitely haven't been out nearly as much if I still had my tag.thought I would check out the site and read all 37 pages of the thread.lol..felt like a lurker lol. I don't know how to post pics but a friend on said he would do it for me. good luck. 

hey gator.. I know what you mean....I burned my buck tag on oct. 4 on one of our local lake Ontario lunkers.  haven't been on here in awhile but remember meeting you a few times when fishing with my friend jim (pequad)  its been not quite as much fun sitting around as much with the just the doe but I have anyways because I just enjoy being out so much anyways. but definitely haven't been out nearly as much if I still had my tag.thought I would check out the site and read all 37 pages of the thread.lol..felt like a lurker lol. I don't know how to post pics but a friend on said he would do it for me. good luck. 

IMG_0626.JPGIMG_0641.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0546.JPGIMG_0575.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

Legacy - Just want you to be aware that the plastic on those is a bit harder and have been known to crack if you use the charger as a sabot starter. The cold seems to really do a number on them and I have personally cracked 3 before. Great charger carrier and you can even get away with a horn just in case

Just keep your sabot starter with you....

2 hours ago, ladyblugill said:

Really Nice Buck.  I wouldn't hesitate October 1st 6.30am.  Then go perchn....  Congratulations.

• Like 1

November 7 am
37 degrees
NW wind 5-15
Cloudy
Rain becoming snow

Tough sit this morning once the rain showed up. Cold, wet, and miserable to be exact. I had a couple deer pass through in the dark but obviously couldn't tell what they were. Ihad a single doe pass by twice (I'm assuming it was the same deer) and a doe fawn pass by twice. Probably split up and looking for each other. Turkeys and raccoons also gave me some entertainment.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just had a doe run by with her tail up. She stopped, looked back and ran off. I figured buck, coyote or trespasser. Might have shot any of the three but fifteen minutes later haven’t seen a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1