Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Just had a doe run by with her tail up. She stopped, looked back and ran off. I figured buck, coyote or trespasser. Might have shot any of the three but fifteen minutes later haven’t seen a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

:)

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 11/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, machzrcr said:

Ok well long night last night we def had a little gut material. So we didnt want to jump him after that 150 yds. So back this morning with a dog to play it safe. And thank god we did. The coyotes jumped him out of his bed in the thick stuff and chassed him a total of 997yds. Across a hill. Literally only a speck of blood every 50 yds. Just hoping the dog was doing the right thing. And we found him half eaten... But that deer back tracked on its self. Went different ways than u would ever expect. 100% would not of found that deer! But. Happy to get him! Hit was about exzactly where I thought slightly quartering to me. Hit one lung huge slice from liver and stomach. Grossed him at 135! First buck ive shot on my new land so pretty happy!

Congratulation! That is heck of a buck

1106190957_HDR.jpeg1106190854a.jpeg1106190854.jpeg

1106191006_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I couldn’t resist leaving work early tonight with the snow, naturally got out there later than I wanted, but got settled a bit after 3. Around 330 this guy came cruising by. Great night! Couldn’t be happier! IMG_0952.JPGIMG_0932.JPGIMG_0933.JPG

• Like 3

I couldn’t resist leaving work early tonight with the snow, naturally got out there later than I wanted, but got settled a bit after 3. Around 330 this guy came cruising by. Great night! Couldn’t be happier! IMG_0952.thumb.JPG.e42213b21d41020f727ca5d65aced04b.JPGIMG_0932.thumb.JPG.69d828914ffb8140a6b2075cb44185be.JPGIMG_0933.thumb.JPG.486f32066dfdff8cadb424f2da1884cf.JPG

Now that’s the way go get er done! Nice shot! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 7 pm
33 degrees
W wind 5-10 mph
Cloudy becoming sunny

Young bucks on their feet this pm. Bumped one walking in, had one slide past the stand, another visit the apple tree, and one other feeding in the field. Also one doe fawn visited the field and that would be it for deer. Everything was before 445 and nothing after.

IMG_20191107_164139286_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Off since Sunday, hunted every day and haven’t seen much. This buck came running through at seven and hung up north of me. I grunted and can called at him and he looped around back behind me. I could hear him grunting so I kept grunting back. He came quartering towards me at thirty and I drew back.
I stopped him but didn’t have a shot. He moved forward and I stopped him again.
Sharp quartering away angle, aimed just ahead of his hip. Quick shot.
Let him sit an hour and went to look.
Not a ton of blood at first but found two thirds of the shaft and tip and a little further up the rest of the shaft and fletching. They looked great and shortly thereafter we found the deer.
Certainly not a giant but I’m pumped to get him. Have worked hard the last six days and am looking forward to a couple days off before heading back to work.
Good luck everyone, awesome time of year!IMG_0767.JPGIMG_0765.JPG

• Like 10