Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

November 8 am
28 degrees
NW wind 5 mph
Partly sunny

Covered up in deer all morning. Witnessed two different chases. Saw five different buck and a ton of does and fawns. 23 deer total. It was a good morning to be in the woods.

IMG_20191108_064212654_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Off since Sunday, hunted every day and haven’t seen much. This buck came running through at seven and hung up north of me. I grunted and can called at him and he looped around back behind me. I could hear him grunting so I kept grunting back. He came quartering towards me at thirty and I drew back.
I stopped him but didn’t have a shot. He moved forward and I stopped him again.
Sharp quartering away angle, aimed just ahead of his hip. Quick shot.
Let him sit an hour and went to look.
Not a ton of blood at first but found two thirds of the shaft and tip and a little further up the rest of the shaft and fletching. They looked great and shortly thereafter we found the deer.
Certainly not a giant but I’m pumped to get him. Have worked hard the last six days and am looking forward to a couple days off before heading back to work.
Good luck everyone, awesome time of year!IMG_0767.thumb.JPG.ff0413c2e8e8e4d7d9f80ce89d70cd14.JPGIMG_0765.thumb.JPG.0dae12a7926930daf1cfa42d51a22ee2.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Great job congratulations brother

• Like 1

Hes a dandy..

Off since Sunday, hunted every day and haven’t seen much. This buck came running through at seven and hung up north of me. I grunted and can called at him and he looped around back behind me. I could hear him grunting so I kept grunting back. He came quartering towards me at thirty and I drew back.
Not a ton of blood at first but found two thirds of the shaft and tip and a little further up the rest of the shaft and fletching. They looked great and shortly thereafter we found the deer.
Certainly not a giant but I’m pumped to get him. Have worked hard the last six days and am looking forward to a couple days off before heading back to work.
Good luck everyone, awesome time of year!IMG_0767.thumb.JPG.ff0413c2e8e8e4d7d9f80ce89d70cd14.JPGIMG_0765.thumb.JPG.0dae12a7926930daf1cfa42d51a22ee2.JPG

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

Good luck everyone, awesome time of year!IMG_0767.JPGIMG_0765.JPG

looks like a bunch of nice deer taken. congrats to everyone. my arrow snapped also. about 7 inches back. saw it fly off to the side and it was such a loud crack I thought I buried it into his shoulder blade and broke at the broadhead screw. 12 yards. could see it on the ground but not good enough to know how much was gone. wasn't feeling too good. fortunately he tried to cross the bean field to make it to the thick cover where they like to bed and I saw him drop about a 100 yards out. if he went the other way it would have been into standing corn and there was no blood trail. the broken piece was laying across the chess cavity and went thru the heart. ended up making a slice and pushed it out the other side. I think he snapped it when he kicked back with his right leg. beautiful day to be out there. good luck everyone

• Like 1

Dandy !!! Congrats !
  • Like 1

Went right back to where I was this morning and it looks like I should have never left the stand. On my way in and deer are everywhere. Small buck chasing a doe fawn. Shooter buck crossing the field. And 2.5 year old buck walking the hedgerow. Craziness.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just drove to one of the leases to retrieve a safety strap from one of our stands. Saw a bunch of deer including two big bucks driving there and back. They are definitely on their feet.
Guessing tonight’s going to be the night for a bunch of guys.