Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Well today wasn't a complete waste. I went and shot my new Savage 220 today. I joined the conservation club of brockport and I have been patiently waiting on my club membership to be approved. I went and used the range today for the first time.
Once I was on paper it was easy work to get it sighted in. Most of what I shot was at 60 yards. (Picture is me slowly getting it dialed in on my sideways target). I did zero it at 75 yards. Took some longer range shots also (125 yards). I should have brought more ammo but I did get 25 rounds through the new gun! Very happy with the Remington accutip 3" in the savage.

However I shot my kids new Remington 870 and was not impressed with 2 3/4 accutips. I need to try something else. Probably start with Hornady sst only because I have a ton.

It was a great reminder that I need to shoot more!

IMG_20191111_133800267.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I tried 5 different slugs and had the best groups with the accutips and the hornady.in my case I ended up seeing best results with the remington.

Well today wasn't a complete waste. I went and shot my new Savage 220 today. I joined the conservation club of brockport and I have been patiently waiting on my club membership to be approved. I went and used the range today for the first time.
Once I was on paper it was easy work to get it sighted in. Most of what I shot was at 60 yards. (Picture is me slowly getting it dialed in on my sideways target). I did zero it at 75 yards. Took some longer range shots also (125 yards). I should have brought more ammo but I did get 25 rounds through the new gun! Very happy with the Remington accutip 3" in the savage.

However I shot my kids new Remington 870 and was not impressed with 2 3/4 accutips. I need to try something else. Probably start with Hornady sst only because I have a ton.

It was a great reminder that I need to shoot more!

IMG_20191111_133800267.thumb.jpeg.d8c13882d36ceb351fd4e9119e57e57a.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hope a bunch of guys are heading out in the morning. Wish I didn’t have to broom, move and plow around 500 cars. Going to be a great morning in the woods. Good luck all.

Tommy B?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_0761.thumb.JPG.154d8e31cb99b0b405dfea80fad218f2.JPG

5 hours ago, Lilogundog said:

I tried 5 different slugs and had the best groups with the accutips and the hornady.in my case I ended up seeing best results with the remington.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a Winchester semi auto 12 gauge. Tried 5 different slugs starting with Winchester then sabots. A few others then just regular Remington sluggers in the green and yellow box. At first look I thought I only hit the target once outa 3 shots. Till I noticed the wood back was a big hole. So closer examination I put sll 3 in the same hole practically.  How bout that my Winchester loves Remingtons lol. So sluggers it is. 

So I just spent a solid 2 hours catching up on this thread. You guys post so often its hard to keep up ! I am one of the "lurkers" as the saying goes. Not sure whose idea it was to start this or how many years ago it started but thank you. This is such a cool way to learn from other guys and keep in tune with what is going on in the woods.

I am a weekend warrior.
Life events have caused me to burn up all of my work vacation time prior to this hunting season :-(
I usually take off the first full week of November to spend down at my camp. I live in the NW side of monroe county (sounds like a bunch of you guys do as well) and hunt down in 8P. No archery buck for me this year. I did take a mature doe last weekend of October and am pleased with that. Feeling pretty discouraged right about now due to the fact that I sat all day both days for the past two weekends and only saw a small 6 point chasing a doe and a couple fawns.

I prefer taking deer with bow and arrow but by no means am I an archery purist. I'll be out this Saturday, boomstick in hand waiting on the heavy antlered crab claw 8 PT that has been stalking our property all year.

I will be sure to post any successful harvests of mature buck from our camp
And congrats to all those that have all ready harvested !!

Sent from my VS988 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Duckman1 said:

I saw my 1st bucks this weekend. 5 total. 3matures that would not respond to the tube or rattling. I have seen lots of does.
I hunt kendal area. I know alot of u guys have been seeing alot and have gotten some brusers. Kinda waiting to see this guyIMG_1962.jpeg

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Stay the course Duckman, that deer is 150-160”. A deer of a lifetime. 

I have a Winchester semi auto 12 gauge. Tried 5 different slugs starting with Winchester then sabots. A few others then just regular Remington sluggers in the green and yellow box. At first look I thought I only hit the target once outa 3 shots. Till I noticed the wood back was a big hole. So closer examination I put sll 3 in the same hole practically.  How bout that my Winchester loves Remingtons lol. So sluggers it is. 

I had a Remington 1100 20ga smoothbore that would throw the Remington sluggers all over the target, turned out it loved Winchester slugs. I'm thinking it was the weight differences, I can't remember but they were just a little different in the slug weights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Also forgot too mention that after about 3-4 shots the barrel was dirty and I had to clean it or they at times wouldn't hit paper.