Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

That's funny! I have a Winchester Model 120 that throws Winchester slugs all over the place, but loves Remington Sluggers. I just put a new scope on her, and at 75 yards I can group three shots so that they are all at least touching the bullseye. So, 3" group? That works for me. And has for 35 years. 

I have to dig out this morning, but I hope to be in the woods this evening. I will certainly post conditions and a report. I just hope that my parking isn't a snow pile.

On my way into work there were tracks all over the roads ad they hadn't plowed yet. So they were moving last night evidently.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just got done plowing since 130 this morning and there was deer everywhere. The last one I saw was around 4 AM so I’m with Dan they’re hunkered down and going to move this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

You should see the ten point that my neighbor shot on Monday. Brian and I saw him on Sunday with a doe, but never up close and personal. He wasn't so lucky on Veteran's Day. The pic is not mine to post, but he was a stud. Wall candy now.

November 12 pm
25 degrees
WNW wind 5-15 becoming blustery
Partly sunny becoming cloudy
Snow beginning at 430

Winter wonderland out there. It was actually a pretty decent sit until about 420 or so. Sunny skies turn cloudy and the snow started all over again.
Saw a couple young bucks early. One at 330 and one at 4.
Definitely a fair amount of tracks.

IMG_20191112_152404898.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Tough walking, for sure. Lots of tracks by the houses, and my buddy saw five bucks - probably a hot doe around. The neighbor missed an eight. I caught a peek at a buck as he drifted through my shooting lane, but with the snow on the thick stuff I didn't see him until he stepped out, and by the time I registered "Deer!", he took two steps and was gone. Wrong stand to hunt after a heavy snow, I guess. Great breeding thicket, but there could have been a dozen deer in there with me and I'd have never known. Going out to give it a shot this morning until I freeze my woobie off.

• Like 1