Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

7 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Bad night for me. Finally get a shot off tonight after countless hours on stand in pure brutal conditions. Pretty sure I hit a branch prior to hitting the deer and I did not see the arrow hit. Once a I shot he wheeled out of there like he was smoked and i thought he was going to go down instead he stops and blows 3 or 4 times. From there I see him just walk away. At this point I have no idea what to think.... did I miss? Waited a bit before getting down and whent to the **** and found hair. Followed his tracks a had spots of blood here and there. Tracked for 300 yards to make sure it wasnt a different deer that was blowing. Want to puke as I can guarantee he is chasing a doe right now!

dang!!   did you find ur arrow?  

November 13 pm
25 degrees
S wind 5 mph
Partly sunny

Deer were on their feet yesterday. It finally seemed like they were moving since the storm and this damn weather. Saw 11 total. 3 were being bucks (two young bucks and one shooter). Every deer came out to me and into the standing corn except for the shooter. One small act of chasing from one of the young bucks pushing a doe out of the corn.

IMG_20191113_154808759_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 13 pm
25 degrees
S wind 5 mph
Partly sunny

Deer were on their feet yesterday. It finally seemed like they were moving since the storm and this damn weather. Saw 11 total. 3 were being bucks (two young bucks and one shooter). Every deer came out to me and into the standing corn except for the shooter. One small act of chasing from one of the young bucks pushing a doe out of the corn.

IMG_20191113_154808759_HDR.thumb.jpeg.380eed5416d5d1fedb02551c3486c431.jpeg

Same day for me in 8 r haven’t posted much cause of cold temps , I hate to take my gloves off.. and when I get home I’m near dead ready to get up at 0330 to be here and in the woods by 6 . Saw 12 yesterday 4 bucks one beautiful 8 chasing doe at 2:45 in the afternoon. Action was all day .. back out for another all day . GOODLUCK Buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I almost got killed and my front door got smashed forward in Irondequoit this morning. 

I had just put my coffee cup in my bag, ready to hit the woods, standing the front side of the truck when a car slammed into my open door just inches from me and smoked my door against the hinges forward. He played chicken with a car going in the other direction and didn’t account for the open door and pedestrian on the other side of the equation. 

I’m fine and the truck door is shot, but I am more mad about not being able to hunt this morning. Didn’t give the guy the business either, I never get too mad at people when it’s pretty obvious how bad they messed up. 

Kinda gets you thinking about how life can change at any moment, this morning I was about 5 inches from being dead or severely injured. So, I’m not either of those and that’s the bright side I guess.

Edited by idn713

Good to hear that you are ok!! Crazy! I helped a girl with a baby in the car that went off the road the night of the storm. As i was working on getting her out trucks were blowing by us like we weren't even there. A$$ holes! Joe, i did not find the arrow unfortunately. With out snow I never would have found any other sign either. For me the deer blowing at me was the sure signal that he won and I lost.

• Like 3

November 14 am
26 degrees
S wind 10-15 mph
Cloudy
Snowing

Hunted the same stand I was in yesterday pm and it was a fairly quiet morning. The deer tracks tripled since I had been there yesterday. I had button buck come by me early and a young buck came by about 8. I bumped another young buck on my way out also.
Back out this afternoon sometime after work.

9 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

IMG_0786.thumb.JPG.9c990c44790ad311160ac033bbe81139.JPG

Boom!

16 hours in the smoker

What temp do you smoke it at?   Looks great...   I have had great success with everything in my smoker except brisket, so very interested to hear how you do it (assuming you do not mind sharing).

What temp do you smoke it at?   Looks great...   I have had great success with everything in my smoker except brisket, so very interested to hear how you do it (assuming you do not mind sharing).

230-240 degrees. Prime black angus from Costco $3.49 a lb.