Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

I almost got killed and my front door got smashed forward in Irondequoit this morning. 

I had just put my coffee cup in my bag, ready to hit the woods, standing the front side of the truck when a car slammed into my open door just inches from me and smoked my door against the hinges forward. He played chicken with a car going in the other direction and didn’t account for the open door and pedestrian on the other side of the equation. 

I’m fine and the truck door is shot, but I am more mad about not being able to hunt this morning. Didn’t give the guy the business either, I never get too mad at people when it’s pretty obvious how bad they messed up. 

Kinda gets you thinking about how life can change at any moment, this morning I was about 5 inches from being dead or severely injured. So, I’m not either of those and that’s the bright side I guess.

Holy crap! Good luck has to be coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Hunted this property two evenings ago and it has snowed enough since that I can barely make out my own footprints. Now there is deer tracks every where! Apparently they really like using my foot path too! They like my tree stand too!

IMG_20191114_150713737.jpegIMG_20191114_152458672_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just had a big buck pushing a doe along a ditch and out into the middle of the field. He tried to mount her twice but on the third try he looked like he got it done. And now they are feeding. Apparently these two are into voyeurism!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

November 14 pm
33 degrees
WSW wind 10-15 becoming calm
Cloudy skies
Flurries

Lots and lots of fresh tracks in the snow in the last 48 hours.
Unfortunately all of this afternoons action was far from me.
Big buck breeding a doe was certainly the highlight of the sit. I think maybe 1 or 2 other times have I actually seen the act go down. It certainly grabbed some attention. A fawn and two small bucks showed up to witness the action.

because I had to change batteries on a couple of my dead cameras I sat in one my tree stands without even my bow because I wasn't going to shoot anything anyways and don't have a buck tag. in the last hour I seen 3 different bucks I would of shot and it was just crazy with deer.  that's the benefits of filling your tag early. I have 6 tree stands on my 56 acres and by now there usually all blown out. it's amazing what just a little bit of pressure of will do on a hunting property.  I also have 5 cameras which I leave out all year and its always the same time frame when they go nocturnal especially the bigger ones. tonight truly amazed me. with the current weather/snow conditions I would bet this to be a record year for opening weekend or close to it..

The 2019 bow season break down for me in the finger lakes, never really hunted till October 20th mostly all after noon hunts, never really had great buck sign, lack of tree rubs and ground scrapes. hunted over stand corn for a week with no mature deer around, last couple days of October did see a 8 and 9 pointer in bedding area with no does around.. first couple weeks of November I found some mature does that were feeding on the regular in winter wheats started seeing more bucks and should of capitalized on them, bucks were/ and still curious of rattling, I enjoy bow more then gun hunting but we’ll see what happens in the regular season! Still have one last afternoon sit tonight try to make something happen!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

Wind made it cold this morning! Had to bail to warm up. Didnt see a single deer this morning, kinda odd. Left everything in the tree and heading back in for the last good sit after I warm up. Good luck guys.

Same except I saw a doe. Let’s hope the afternoon gives us a last day giant.