Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

It's my pleasure, man! Hunting by myself just doesn't give me the thrill it used to, and seeing one of my friends be successful is way more of a reward these days. And since I don't have a kid of my own to pass this sport onto, I'm looking forward to Bradán (I didn't know which of the hundred possible spellings he uses, so I went with the old Irish version) taking his first deer over there. Only a couple more years of my dropping trees on his head until he's ready to hunt lol! At this rate, he'll be expert at setting and trimming tree stands - did you tell him that the buck you shot was out of the stand he helped us to put up in September? I bet he'd get a kick out of that.

• Like 6

Poor Jim is at home probably reading this and drooling over all the pics and details you guys are giving....you guys are kinda sadistic:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Poor Jim is at home probably reading this and drooling over all the pics and details you guys are giving....you guys are kinda sadistic:lol:

Don’t worry Les. We took care of him. Keith shot him a doe yesterday. I took it to the butcher for him. Tomorrow I am picking him up and taking him over to pick it up. It’s up to someone else to cook it and feed him! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, whaler1 said:

any truth to the rumor the drop tine was enticed by a Gambler Rig?  My guess is it was one of those Gary D Rigs.

I am picturing some white Gambler rigs, sprayed with doe’n heat, twisting gently in the wind while dangling from a tree stand. 

This is too damn funny. What make it funny is that we all are actually picturing it. We are all seeing Gambler rigs and cowbells hanging from the trees like wind chimes!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eastforkmarine said:

State land? I was thinking goin to Ohio hunting state land and visiting my donor family... they are south of Columbus lots of acres to hunt , want to do It on my own

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Maybe but Im looking around now. Emailed an outfitter this morning. I have had a couple of others send me some referrals also. Still looking. 

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Maybe but Im looking around now. Emailed an outfitter this morning. I have had a couple of others send me some referrals also. Still looking. 

Rob, check out Kentucky for a DIY at Big Rivers WMA. Lots of land .....and doe permits. 

4 more doe last night across the field the last 10 minutes. One spike showed up nose to the ground and got a little too close to one of the doe. She wanted nothing to do with him and almost kicked him in the head trying to get away.

Back in same set this morning

‘Bout Time
Mike

10 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Don’t worry Les. We took care of him. Keith shot him a doe yesterday. I took it to the butcher for him. Tomorrow I am picking him up and taking him over to pick it up. It’s up to someone else to cook it and feed him! emoji23.png

Sounds like you and Keith really came through....you're great buddies and I'm sure he really appreciates it.:yes: Now if you can just get Keith his wall hanger:lol:

Mile walk through deep mud to get to the stand I wanted to hunt this morning only to find the area under water.
Long walk to other side of the property to a groundblind I knew was there but have never hunted to find out there’s no stool or chair. Another half mile walk and I’m finally up in a tree. Soaked in sweat, wrong gun for the spot, what a start to the day!!

Mile walk through deep mud to get to the stand I wanted to hunt this morning only to find the area under water.
Long walk to other side of the property to a groundblind I knew was there but have never hunted to find out there’s no stool or chair. Another half mile walk and I’m finally up in a tree. Soaked in sweat, wrong gun for the spot, what a start to the day!!

Still beats working Billy!

First deer I ever got from my living room.  Sat in 70 degree comfort watching the outdoor Chanel when Gamble called.  I’ll publicly thank Kieth and Brian for their support.  It’s tough to miss most and possibly all of deer season but it’s great to know you have good friends.  

between tommys hat and brains silver spoon they should open a shop. stop by before you hunting or fishing put the hat on 20.00 $ hold brains silver spoon 20.00$ put the hat on while holding the spoon 35.00

• Like 1

Woods are dead! Haven't even heard one single shot. Seems to me that the morning movement has come to an end. Might just sleep In from here on out.

Have to agree. Sat in stand this morning overlooking Field and bedding are behind me. 2 squirrels and that’s it. Zero shots heard. Got down and just walked entire perimeter of property. All sign is they are cutting through swamp from one side of field to the other(which we knew). Seems like every year about this time it changes to right at dusk on the field edges.

Need another good storm / cold front to get them moving again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bout time said:

Have to agree. Sat in stand this morning overlooking Field and bedding are behind me. 2 squirrels and that’s it. Zero shots heard. Got down and just walked entire perimeter of property. All sign is they are cutting through swamp from one side of field to the other(which we knew). Seems like every year about this time it changes to right at dusk on the field edges.

Need another good storm / cold front to get them moving again

Yup sat last three sets in my back private 10 jetting into farm land nothing till I get in the house then my spy cam goes off. Doe and a buck 5 minutes later.   They’re moving after dark. Already,, even places without pressure.