Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

46 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Rob, did you settle on a slug for savage?  My buddies shoot the 20 gauge mag Rem accutip. 

Yes. I am shooting 3" Rem accutips. Easy decision after just shooting them once.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Frogger said:

What did you end up with round type and grains?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

today i settled with 80 grains of blackhorn 209 w/ barnes 50 cal 250 grain spit-fire tmz

Im not totally satisfied yet but that combo seemed to be the best.

Well it's a damn heat wave but here I am on stand. But it's all good because I covered myself in face paint from head to toe and I have my Scentblocker banana hammock on.

Right on cue the wind seems to have switch and is now NW. Fingers are crossed something makes a detrimental mistake.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 26 pm
54 degrees
SW becoming NW 5 mph
Partly sunny

Well... I never saw a deer walking in or from the stand. I have been leaving my stands at dark to help mask my exits due to the fact I have been hunting field edges in the afternoons. After not seeing anything I decided to leave a bit early. I got down from the stand, walked the edge of the field, and as I was walking up the tractor path I kicked out a big buck from the woods. He ran out and stood in the middle of the path 80 yards. I put the crosshairs on him as he just stood there. And stood there. And stood there. A good 5,6,7 minutes. The damn clock saved him.

He must have been bedded within 100 yards of my stand and I just happen to bump him on my way out

IMG_20191126_160521906.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Legacy said:

November 26 pm
54 degrees
SW becoming NW 5 mph
Partly sunny

Well... I never saw a deer walking in or from the stand. I have been leaving my stands at dark to help mask my exits due to the fact I have been hunting field edges in the afternoons. After not seeing anything I decided to leave a bit early. I got down from the stand, walked the edge of the field, and as I was walking up the tractor path I kicked out a big buck from the woods. He ran out and stood in the middle of the path 80 yards. I put the crosshairs on him as he just stood there. And stood there. And stood there. A good 5,6,7 minutes. The damn clock saved him.

He must have been bedded within 100 yards of my stand and I just happen to bump him on my way out

IMG_20191126_160521906.jpeg

Why no shot?