Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

November 27 am
41 degrees
SE wind 5 mph
Cloudy
Rain and wind on the way

Very few gunshots heard this morning. With weather on the way it was worth a shot to be in a tree. Had two does and two fawns feed in the cut corn field for about an hour this morning and that would be it.

On my way out, I noticed four deer carcasses scattered along the side of the road. Two were fully butchered and I took a picture of two that weren't exactly. One is a mature doe only field dressed. The other is a fawn that they started to cut up and stopped for some reason.

Gun season truly brings out the worst in our sport.

IMG_20191127_084455876.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Your use of the word "Butchered" made me want to clarify.  I cringed when I saw that picture but then I realized people really do not always know what classic butchering is and is probably where the 3rd definition originated from.  I wouldn't even call that processed.  Look at all that meat left on that buck.  Neck roasts can be phenomenal and easy.  If anybody wants advice, I will be happy to share.

butch·er

/ˈbo͝oCHər/

verb

• past tense: butchered; past participle: butchered

slaughter or cut up (an animal) for food.

"the meat will be butchered for the local market"

• kill (someone) brutally.

"they butchered 250 people"

• ruin (something) deliberately or through incompetence.

"the film was butchered by the studio that released it"

Sad the amount of meat that gets wasted, here is my crock pot blade roast dinner last Saturday.. meat falls right off the bone, outstanding meal! Next meal will be a neck roast! Got 75 lbs of meat off my deer. IMG_1025.JPGIMG_1026.JPGIMG_1030.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frogger said:

To keep you guys somewhat content on stand a supervisor of mine just showed me a pic last night of a brute chasing a doe behind his house.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was in stsnd last night early heard sticks breaking in a small patch along a ditch line. Through my scope I could see a buck staring in my direction waited an hour. Calling 

bleats grunts nothing. He wasn’t budging. Tried to put a stalk on him but all open around him he was now on the hill staring in my direction ,nice buck to   Do unable to shoot that far. I knew what he was gonna do. So I backed out got to the hedgerow and started hoofing it to try to get to the end about half way.  As I was to late pop out not one but 3 huge bucks. They never knew I was coming. But I fell short as they stood broadside at about 250 yards staring down my way and trotted across the field.   If only I thought of the hedgerow excape 15 minutes earlier.  But 3 all hiding in a tiny brushy sapling  growth along a ditch line in the middle of a field.   Smart. But I did get almost close enough. No rifle in this area.  First time I was under 150 yards. But he was facing me. No shot and that’s a far shot for 12 gauge   Their out there. Just nobody moving them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluefin54 said:

Sad the amount of meat that gets wasted, here is my crock pot blade roast dinner last Saturday.. meat falls right off the bone, outstanding meal! Next meal will be a neck roast! Got 75 lbs of meat off my deer. IMG_1025.JPGIMG_1026.JPGIMG_1030.JPG

2 hours ago, Bluefin54 said:

I did the same, in reverse order. Neck roast got turned into pulled taco meat and the blade roast (my first) came out as the perfect pot roast. Yummy...

• Like 1

Contact the DEC rep for your area. There are wild game waste laws on the books. 

Unfortunately there's nothing they can really do. I see it every year in that spot. It's secluded so bodies get dumped. I'm just glad they are only deer!

Morning forecast is calling for 28-30 mph winds. Might not be up for that kinda tree sit especially when it will kill deer movement

Yes the weather forecast sucks!!!
Hoping for human influenced deer movement tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately there's nothing they can really do. I see it every year in that spot. It's secluded so bodies get dumped. I'm just glad they are only deer!

Hide a camera, might get lucky with a plate number or faces, I would believe they are more local than not

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 27 pm

43 degrees

Cloudy

SW wind 5 mph becoming 20+ with gusts 35+

Not a ton of deer movement this pm.

Had a doe fawn in the field when I was walking in. Had another fawn in the woods behind me about 430 or so. And last but not least, I saw a young buck under the neighbors apple tree when I was walking out.

Certainly not a huge fan of this time of year.

IMG_20191127_162314028.thumb.jpeg.6dd413fd64873c69ea730135c8420284.jpeg