Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Man you guys be real careful this wind is really something else. I just took the dog out and was nearly blown over probably a lot of dead limbs etc. going to be trashed in this stuff.

Sat in the truck waiting for rain to stop. Right around 7 it stopped. Slow walk into stand along field edge. In stand by 730 and at 815 wind started cranking and skies opened up. Complete downpour. Back at truck now soaked. Be back tomorrow with dry clothes

Good luck to all those who stay out and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

‘Bout Time
Mike

Sitting on stand 0 movement so far. Where is the orange army that use to push deer around every Thanksgiving ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just passed one field on my way home with 5 guys I saw one dead deer in the field.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Weather was not half bad after 7:15, didn’t end up seeing anything but two close shots from the neighbors seemed to indicate that whatever was headed my way got intercepted. Other than that, fairly quiet morning. I have no doubt that the weather thinned the orange herd. 

Ended up hunting the tower blind with Brian this morning due to the high winds, and couldn't resist a 100 yd plus shot on a small eight that was the only deer we saw. Funny thing is, I've had him under my stands multiple times this year and not blinked, and I probably wouldn't have shot him this morning if I'd been alone, but the situation was such that it was a memorable shot and I didn't think twice about it. Sometimes, it's about more than bone. Neck shot, dropped him in his tracks, and Scotty was glad to lend the ATV, as it meant getting away from Mickey and Minnie...I guess they small tower had some mice that wanted to cozy up to him. You know how he is with snakes? Turns out mice aren't his favorite either :rofl:.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, idn713 said:

Sitting in my truck waiting for this to blow over. I HATE hunting in the rain. Cold is one thing, but I don’t do wet. 

Yes it sucks. I bought a tree umbrella. Works great if you are standing.