Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Ended up hunting the tower blind with Brian this morning due to the high winds, and couldn't resist a 100 yd plus shot on a small eight that was the only deer we saw. Funny thing is, I've had him under my stands multiple times this year and not blinked, and I probably wouldn't have shot him this morning if I'd been alone, but the situation was such that it was a memorable shot and I didn't think twice about it. Sometimes, it's about more than bone. Neck shot, dropped him in his tracks, and Scotty was glad to lend the ATV, as it meant getting away from Mickey and Minnie...I guess they small tower had some mice that wanted to cozy up to him. You know how he is with snakes? Turns out mice aren't his favorite either :rofl:.

Nice !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice !!!!!!

I was looking South out the one window when the buck appeared. I had to move back and Keith had to move to get in position to shoot. Cool to see someone else drop a deer like that. I just wish I thought to video the shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

I was looking South out the one window when the buck appeared. I had to move back and Keith had to move to get in position to shoot. Cool to see someone else drop a deer like that. I just wish I thought to video the shot!

Going to try and get the kid a buck on GoPro this weekend good luck

Got a Thanksgiving buck from the hills of Franklinville today. So much to be thankful for, and blessed to have punched 2 buck tags. Consider me on cruise control till 2020 !!! Good luck boys !

No, I did not use a 50bmg. Savage 308 / Hornady 165gr SST. I'm pretty sure it was an exploding round. 1128191405b.jpeg1128191408a.jpeg1128191322d_HDR.jpeg302687.jpeg

• Like 1

November 29 am
29 degrees
N wind 5 mph
Cloudy

Quite a few deer this morning. Bumped a single deer walking in. Bumped a stinky buck getting into my stand. By the sounds of it he was bedded 50 yards or so from me. Had a few deer walk through in the dark. Saw another 6 does/fawns after day break.

I also got a picture of a piebald squirrel.

Cameras are showing the best movement of course is in the dark. I think it's time to hunt from the ground and start getting away from stands.

IMG_20191129_102552466.jpegIMG_20191129_102524205.jpegIMG_20191126_173908311.jpegIMG_20191129_085213545.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This morning was
A bust with zero movement/deer seen. Not a single shot

Came back out at 230 and sat on the ground in between thicket and field about 50 yards off a travel corridor. Zero deer seen and no shots all afternoon. Slow walk out and I kept starring along field edges and woods but nothing to be seen