Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Wow! Where do I begin!

Last Tuesday I past a buck because it was 30 minutes past sunset. Well tonight the conditions were perfect to go after that deer. I literally setup in the woods where I bumped him a week ago.

About 420 or so I heard a gun shot within 100 yards of me. I text the neighbor and he tells me he is not hunting. I tell him he has a trespasser then. We agree to dispatch the DEC and to meet up. I pack up my gear, throw on my blaze orange, and start walking towards the shot. I circle around the woods and I notice a deer in my field flopping around. It's a hundred yards or so I call the neighbor and let him know I have a half dead deer in my field. It lifts its head and it looks to be a buck. I put glass on him and he's a mature buck. God damnit. I patiently wait for a poacher to approach the deer. Maybe five minutes or so and a hunter from the neighbors woods enters my field and puts another round into it. He notices me and calls out. I ignore him, start walking away, and call the neighbor. The snow doesn't lie. I head out to my truck as I don't want to spook the guy. DEC and the neighbor meet up and come in from the opposite direction. Once they are on site, I go grab my truck and drive in from my side. They find the guy with the deer on the neighbors property. The guy gets run through the ringer from the neighbor and tickets are issued. To make matters worse the trespasser shot the deer from the neighbors tree stand.

The reason I mentioned the deer last week because I would be willing to bet it is the same damn deer. His left side is the tell.

I am so glad we caught the guy but what a heart breaker. Just some local guy who thought it would be a good idea to go in there. Even though everything is posted up tighter than tight. By the sounds of it, it wasn't the first time he had been in there. Although he tried to convince the DEC otherwise he literally walked a straight line from his residence to the neighbors stand.

Craziness...

Here's a bad on site picture .

Main frame 10. Stickers on g3 left side make him a 12. I'm literally sick to my stomach.

12548.thumb.jpeg.c826807c79accd1b160af9d300f4f6c0.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That’s something! How old a guy? Fancy or redneck like us?
Criminal, dumbass or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
32. Local. He knew what he was doing.
No blaze orange. No back tag. Crossing obvious posted property. Acts of a experienced trespasser and now poacher. Certainly far from an act of innocence. Certainly not something I would ever think of tolerating.

Good job Rob. Sounds like even though you didn’t get the deer, which sucks, you might have actually accomplished more. I know I for one am grateful.

Some trespassers are lost or stupid. That guy sounds like he needed to get jammed up. Wonder if he loses his gun?

Thanks for the community service.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Any truth to the rumor that he had a TU hat on?

• Like 2

Absolute BS. I feel for ya, all that damn effort and time invested for someone to steal YOUR opportunity! What a POS

Just went through the same ordeal the other day, thankfully this idiot didn't kill anything, but what a PIA it was to do it "the right way" so we could press charges. Lots of time on the phone with the DEC, and finally got him. I will attach a YouTube video of the encounter, and you will see this blabbering idiot for yourselves. Had him on cam about 100 yards from the stand my dad was in, smack dab in the middle of the property. Hopefully he learns his lesson as I heard from the neighbors he's been trespassing for years.

1126190738_HDR.jpeg1121192012.jpeg
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, NymphO said:
Absolute BS. I feel for ya, all that damn effort and time invested for someone to steal YOUR opportunity! What a POS

Just went through the same ordeal the other day, thankfully this idiot didn't kill anything, but what a PIA it was to do it "the right way" so we could press charges. Lots of time on the phone with the DEC, and finally got him. I will attach a YouTube video of the encounter, and you will see this blabbering idiot for yourselves. Had him on cam about 100 yards from the stand my dad was in, smack dab in the middle of the property. Hopefully he learns his lesson as I heard from the neighbors he's been trespassing for years.

[/url]1126190738_HDR.thumb.jpeg.3bad0b09986a8b0fe8610d74be851262.jpeg1121192012.thumb.jpeg.dd20ce4c80279e6c824ccb9e4094b48d.jpeg

Incredible

Nothing this morning till 11:30. And a quick flash of a single doe on the move.

Little breeze and a little drizzle

4:00 then 8 does showed ,two were within 10 yards , and passed hoping for the buck I seen in archery.

I can shoot does till end of january where I'm at.

But also impatient

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wife was at burger park yesterday in 8c taking pictures saw a guy get out of his truck in camo. Asked him where he was hunting to stay out of his way he said they were doing a push towards the park way. He got out with a shotgun she said they shot about 45 mins later. I always thought burger park was bow only... am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

7 minutes ago, Lilogundog said:

Wife was at burger park yesterday in 8c taking pictures saw a guy get out of his truck in camo. Asked him where he was hunting to stay out of his way he said they were doing a push towards the park way. He got out with a shotgun she said they shot about 45 mins later. I always thought burger park was bow only... am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looking at the map, they were breaking the law.  The other side of Manitou Beach Rd is 8A.  Burger Park is in 8C which is bow only.  Here is a link to the map.  https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/wmutownmap09.pdf

• Confused 1