Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

I would second that.  I saw this article by Jay Gregory well known tv hunter a while back.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017/01/06/must-see-video-bowhuntertv-host-jay-gregory-talks-day-shot-intentionally-poacher/

Thanks for sharing that video. I always enjoyed watching him on the outdoor channel years ago. Didn’t realize he was a golf pro while he was doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

I have hunted hard this year with very little deer seen after opening weekend. Hunted one of properties yesterday all day and never saw thing. Walked the entire property and the only tracks were a fox and coyote. Decided to take this morning off and sleep in. I woke up at 630 regretting I wasnt on my way to the woods. At 820 I couldn’t take it anymore and decided to head the farm and at least check my cameras. I grabbed my coat and my 30/30 just in case. I found tracks everywhere, but they looked to be a day or two old. I decided to walk a logging trail and then walk along a ridge overlooking a heavy bedding area full of tree tops from logging. I walked slow and scoured the thick stuff for anything that didn’t look right. I spotted a BIG body deer laying there staring at me. I pulled up the scope and no horns, it was a big doe. I panned the entire area looking for a buck and nothing. Came back to her, whistled, she stood up at 75 yards, and that was it. She dropped 30’ from impact. Definitely one of my shortest hunts ( 17 minutes ) from the time I left my truck to my shot. She is one of biggest doe I have ever taken. Things got real interesting while field dressing her and the knife slipped. It adds the story and as my wife said “ only you “ [emoji3]
IMG_4779.thumb.JPG.e64bb64b8e292e4da12dc1ab6915dc70.JPGIMG_4767.thumb.JPG.2ba137dc17252e9d75930bd8013a112f.JPGIMG_4765.thumb.JPG.ef299e475b9bc1af42f9b7b4a7b218a1.JPGAdjustments.thumb.JPG.c3660fba7039faa87841850f904cae0d.JPG59716386748__8AECF313-5931-4B79-87F7-BB3BDF9FCBD6.thumb.JPG.42c60a92f88723ea149c604af467d637.JPG59716306206__02EEAF94-1DB4-46A5-8F86-DFAA50A00C26.thumb.JPG.455c072f20d208c26f481708a1bdaa51.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

Ouch! Other than the hand, great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

2 hours ago, bout time said:

59716306206__02EEAF94-1DB4-46A5-8F86-DFAA50A00C26.thumb.JPG.455c072f20d208c26f481708a1bdaa51.JPG

‘Bout Time

Mike

Expandable blade or fixed? 😂. Be careful as that is the thumb that turns off the reel clicker. 

Edited by Gill-T

Spend some more time at the range today. I bought a rest since the last time I shot. For the price you can't go wrong. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003FSQOTU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Shot the savage 220 again. I just can't say how impressed I am with that setup.

Shot the old muzzleloader just to make sure that was good to go in a pinch.

I put another 12-15 rounds through the new muzzleloader. I increased the powder to 100 and I think I am happy enough with it to hunt late season. Elevation was an easy fix but windage was a bit sensitive. Every adjustment seem to over compensate.
When I have more time I'd like to try a dozen rounds with 110 and also 120 grains.
It's a slow learning process but I am getting there.
And once again... Love the setup.

IMG_20191204_113451326.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Man I don’t know. At this point the bucks are pretty run down and necks are slimmed down. That buck would be dead if I saw him!

X2

That would be a hard one to pass on at this stage for me

‘Bout Time
Mike

But Joe has killed some big deer. Put friends and family on others.
It’s subjective. All based on what you’ve done and what you hope to do.
I’d have shot him with my bow tonight for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yea! He was in one of our big buck spots! He was tempting I had to put my bow down so i didnt shoot! Lol.

I did bring a buddy out this morning who has been having a rough season, And he managed to fill a doe tag which was nice! 1204191251.thumb.jpeg.5df63d871e6faa59054dfeda71afe367.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

Speaking of trespassers, the encon officer called me today, said he finally made contact and will be giving summons tomorrow and getting me the court date. Then he let me know that the guy said he had called the troopers and wanted me arrested for harassment. I called the troopers and sheriff's, to find out he did in fact call and the cop told me this guy was "cop shopping" and he could tell the guy was just reaching to try any form of retaliation against me. Cops didn't buy it and didn't bother to reach out to me. Also he mentioned to the police that the property wasn't posted correctly and he had a witness that saw my dad putting up signs the day after I busted him.... Lol. Yes, we were legal and yes my father added another few signs to the 35 that were already there and also very easy to see in my video. This guy has balls, and I hope they get broken by the judge !

• Like 1

December 4 pm
SW wind 10-15 mph
Mostly cloudy

Deer sign like crazy in the snow but no deer sightings. The snow doesnt lie. I know what they are doing and how they are getting there.  I think i just need to get guys out of the woods and get the woods to settle down. Love to see these deer stop being so nocturnal. #bringonthelateseason

IMG_20191204_144723658.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dvdegeorge said:

Rob hence why I no longer like Leupold we call it the Leupold shuffle.There adjustments and erector are junk

I have a vx6 HD thats holding up on a 300wsm without any issues so far... the older non HD models had some erector issues for sure.. had one take a crap on me twice