Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Congrats Dan, well done. I'm curious did you ever find out what made that noise and remedy it? 

Thanks Vince
Not really day before yesterday while warmer temps I bounced up and down on that stand and it won’t make a peep!
Yesterday with the colder temps it was making noise again but I was prepared for it and in proper position so I didn’t have to move
We set it up hastily last Thursday
I’m not a ladder stand fan myself
I hunt Lone Wolf lock on stands and never have that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

Yes and I have killed 2 Buck the last day and last 5 minutes of muzzle loader season the Fat Lady was walking on stage

No.  One buck is all you get.  Your regular season tag is null and void. Only one tag is legal. If u don’t have a muzzle tag then you you wouldn’t be out there.    Regular season. Ended Sunday 

Can you use your regular season buck tag during muzzleloader?

A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting* or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. ... During the late seasons, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either fun loving.

Or crossbow

There is no crossbow privileges, muzzle loader only , which Allows you to use the crossbow only if you have filled out and carry with you the Crossbow Certificate of Qualification on page 23 of the 2019-2020 regulatory guide . And yes you can use Regular season buck tag so technically you can tag two bucks , I’m trying to after not killing one yet ...hope this helps clear it up ?Goodluck Boys and Girls IMG_4723.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks Tommy! Good luck

I froze my balls of after sweating like a pig using my climber at 06:30 this morning got in early just got out of the woods at 11 zero deer ten fat gray squirrels I’m really hoping I get luck on my side soon . Not hunting this afternoon washing all my clothes regroup and hit the sanctuary at camp early I’m the morning, good luck bill ..

• Like 1

Afternoon looks windy as hell and based on the reaction of one of the doe I saw this morning my clothes stink for sure but after today I work three days in a row. Planning on being on stand at 130.

• Like 1

No, your unused buck tag becomes a buck or doe tag for late season with bow or muzzleloader privilege. Read regulations, it does spell it out thou somewhat confusing. I asked a DEC officer and confirmed. 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

No   Regular season is over. Only tag that’s good is. Late bow or bow  muzzleloader.  Including crossbow. Your regular season tag is just that fir regular season.  That ended 

I don’t think you’re rightIMG_0851.JPG

No   Regular season is over. Only tag that’s good is. Late bow or bow  muzzleloader.  Including crossbow. Your regular season tag is just that fir regular season.  That ended 

Read the syllabus. It is good if you don’t fill it during the regular season. You do have to have bow or muzzleloader privilege to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastforkmarine said:

There is no crossbow privileges, muzzle loader only , which Allows you to use the crossbow only if you have filled out and carry with you the Crossbow Certificate of Qualification on page 23 of the 2019-2020 regulatory guide . And yes you can use Regular season buck tag so technically you can tag two bucks , I’m trying to after not killing one yet ...hope this helps clear it up ?Goodluck Boys and Girls IMG_4723.JPG

I'm pretty sure they did this so you keep hunters interested in staying in the woods till the end of muzzleloader. With Hunter population down (in some areas) it gives someone who didn't kill a buck in archery but got one in gun or vice versa the second chance on another buck. For some hunters that's all they'll shoot are bucks.             ( Although not sure why taking a doe here and there isn't a bad thing.) 

• Like 1

Back in overwatch. Same field as yesterday afternoon just a bit closer to where I saw deer enter the field but with this wind I am still not as close as I'd like to be.

The afternoon winds as supposed to get out of hand here. 20 sustained and 35+ gusts. Not too bad right now though.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1