Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Just to confirm:
1) i did not use my buck tag during regular season or my buck tag for bow/crossbow season in NY.
2) i can now use 2 buck tags during muzzleloader, if killed with a muzzleloader/bow/xbow?

If this is true i will quit my job tomorrow and spend the remaining 6 days in the woods.

100%

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 11/7/2019 at 8:19 AM, Duckman1 said:

Buy containers that you can put premeasured powdered in. The same gun i use 110 gr. With the after market breach plug that they recommend

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm using the charge tubes from Blackhorn. They are plastic and when I go to pour the powder out some of the little pellets cling to the inside. Anyone else have this problem with the tubes your using?

image.png.6db758dedc226444b964271addcda289.png

Static build up could be coming from 1 of 2 spots. It could be in the tubes or it actually could be in the powder. There really is not a clean way to get rid of it since you would need to keep the static from building once you have packed the tubes anyway. in the offseason you can try to pack them in the anti static bags from electrical or computer gear or you can try to do the water/fabric softener solution wash after season and then leave them out to dry but I am not one to add more chemicals to the volume measured powder that you are using. The amount of powder that is stuck in the tube is not going to manipulate the performance of the sabot enough to worry about.

Edited by Nittanyfisher

No pic! Lol

Shot a half racked buck this morning. He was chasing doe with a bad limp. Looks like he was shot in the hind quarters last night or yesterday morning. Would have been a small 8 if he had both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

55 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Shot a half racked buck this morning. He was chasing doe with a bad limp. Looks like he was shot in the hind quarters last night or yesterday morning. Would have been a small 8 if he had both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

as i recall this isnt the first cripple youve put out of its misery

I'm using the charge tubes from Blackhorn. They are plastic and when I go to pour the powder out some of the little pellets cling to the inside. Anyone else have this problem with the tubes your using?
image.png.6db758dedc226444b964271addcda289.png
Not sure if this will work or not, but I have heard if you stuff dryer sheets in the tubes and let them sit for a little bit, it will eliminate the problem .

I'm glad to have Brian batting cleanup :lol:.

I will mention that in the five years that I've owned the property, we've only lost a single deer, and that was a doe shot during crossbow that got into a flooded area. I can't speak for the neighbors, though...when I first bought the property, we found four small dead bucks at the end of December. Somebody around there likes to shoot and needs more practice. 

• Like 2