Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

I want to get my son a  tree stand for Christmas , he's 5"8" about 165lbs. Looking to get the best bang for the buck. I'm not a hunter, looking for suggestions. Thanks.

I would suggest a ladder stand. Simple and safe. Don't forget a good safety harness.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

IMG_6735.thumb.JPG.a1d4264579524c86cb2c7585980b4c65.JPG

Third deer in three years that was crippled from this same property. Last year it was a button with a destroyed leg and the year before a doe that had a backward leg from a car accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like you need to talk to the neighbors. Someone needs shooting lessons for Xmas.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:41 PM, Chromeslayer said:

17 entered the field only 16 left... 278yds with the smokeless

20191211_170526.jpg

Just curious, what load are you using? I shoot a savage smokeless 3/9 leupold with a 275gr solid copper with a 45 cal sabot 42 gr of accurate 5744 powder winchester primer. 278yds is awesome for a shot good job.

1 minute ago, brucehookedup said:

Just curious, what load are you using? I shoot a savage smokeless 3/9 leupold with a 275gr solid copper with a 45 cal sabot 42 gr of accurate 5744 powder winchester primer. 278yds is awesome for a shot good job.

78grains of IMR 4198, 275gr Pittman Accumax bullet, 3000fps... no sabot

• Like 1

Our group has shot 2 bucks in the 115 to maybe 120 range last week end and a young 6pt as well that were all hit by slugs or a car. Poor bastards suffering. I am glad we got to put them out of there misery, Meat was worthless. We also found 3 racks of earlier bow kills that were respective as well. I am sure i will see more as usual bunny hunting.

December 12 pm
26 degrees
SE wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies

Sat on the end of the tunnel leading to butternut squash and cut soy beans. No a whole lot of action though. One young buck would be it. Action seems very nocturnal on this property. Time to go elsewhere.

IMG_20191212_144017730_HDR.jpeg

9 hours ago, Nittanyfisher said:

Static build up could be coming from 1 of 2 spots. It could be in the tubes or it actually could be in the powder. There really is not a clean way to get rid of it since you would need to keep the static from building once you have packed the tubes anyway. in the offseason you can try to pack them in the anti static bags from electrical or computer gear or you can try to do the water/fabric softener solution wash after season and then leave them out to dry but I am not one to add more chemicals to the volume measured powder that you are using. The amount of powder that is stuck in the tube is not going to manipulate the performance of the sabot enough to worry about.

Thanks ... Your comment on the " amount of powder that is stuck in the tube" is what I was looking for!!! :yes:

Level of disappointment at DEFCON level 5. Strapped climber to tree and noticed phone ringing. That can’t be good. Oh, it’s one of my colleagues......that definitely can’t be good.....oh you can’t work cause your sick?   Ugh!  Back to car, home to iron clothes and off to work to cover. Fgjjvcbbccbncv xsyhjvfddhjjbfguck!!!  Deer in all the fields this morning giving me the middle hoof-finger.