Sunday 8/4 morning was a blow off. Went out around 4pm with waves at about 3' +/-

Forecast was for the wind/waves to settle down and they did. Went Northeast out of the harbor to about 220'

Spun around and trolled with the waves at my back.  Took 2 fish at 180' one came on 50' rigger/spoon NBK the other on 10 color w/Black/silver spoon.

Then nothing for a couple hours. Decided to troll my way back to the harbor. Got to 65' finally had some prospects on the screen and the 5 color core starts screaming.

Mid teens King took a Magic Man stinger (standard size) ended up 3 for 3.

Monday 8/5 Our 12 yr old nephew from Ohio flew in for the week and it was right to the lake. Lines in at 4pm and the action was almost non stop. Seemed like we always had a fish on. 1 Triple, couple doubles. Fished offshore on some waypoints from the previous week. 500-580' was the sweet spot.

Spoons on riggers with pinned cheaters 55-65' & F/F on divers doing the damage. Took one fish on 300' copper meat rig but never get it back in the water.

Spoons were Carmel Dolphin, Monkey Puke, Orange UV Tux Stinger Stingrays & a Moonshine Road Toad.

Chinook #5 divers at 210' Captain Valium SD w/stud fly (been good all season, couldn't keep it in the water this day) and 240' diver with SD (not sure of name) and a Pro-Am fly. Picture below.

Ended the night 10/17 in 4 hours. 5 fish kept that we couldn't revive. Honestly think its was one of those days that anything wouldn't have fired, just needed to be on top of them.

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

Edited by Rookie Fisherman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Chowdaire said:

Nice job & report!

That's a Lances Two Face SD. That same combo has been my best for 2 years straight.

It does looks like a UV variation of Lances two-face. On the swivel side it has both chrome and white on the same side on the edges though. Here is a copy of the tag on the package. Says "Custom" Fairly sure I got it from Anglers ave.

IMG_7461.jpg

Edited by Rookie Fisherman

5 hours ago, Earl28 said:

Congratulations it looks likes you made a memory that your nephew will never forget. Good times with family!!!

Thanks Earl, Let me know if you want to get out again sometime.

1 hour ago, SharkHunter said:

Excellent report an bty ur boat an set up looks awsome!!!
love those Hewescraft boats!!!!
Tight lines an keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:yes:

3 hours ago, Pa223 said:

There is something about a 12 yo getting on a king. Hooked for life. Way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:yes:

22 minutes ago, Rtrucking40 said:

Wow fish were shallow 65 fow on a 5 color! I would never think in august must of been in 75 degree water

The Northeast wind had some pockets of cooler water blown in. Rigger at 35' was about 60° or so in that area that day. I dont think there were a lot of Kings in tight, most of what I was seeing on the screen there were probably Browns. It was the only strike I took in that area.