Got the warning the inside was warm so instead of braddocks as usual I decided on Bald Eagle. 6am I set up in 300fow on a North troll and never turned for 4hrs. Ended up 12/16 with a mix of Matures (6.), big steelhead (4), and skips(2) stopping when I reached 530fow

400-500 was my best . Basically find bait and grind it out. Every pod I went over i fished twice . Riggers 60-90, divers 180-250, and 300 coppers were the setups. As I wrapped up I motored back into 250 and reset up for my last hr. Another mature on wire out 275 and that was a wrap. It was so bumpy I even wore my life jacket. Should have some nice GoPro footage to upload on Facebook , when they let me out out of Facebook jail[emoji51].

I had friends do great in 170-250 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Help a new guy out....I read lost of posts about areas.. like "headed to bald eagle"  is there a secret decoder ring I need? How do I find these particular areas? Or where can i go to find them?

Thanks

You could hop in my boat...... Bald Eagle is a marina in Kendall East of Oak Orchard
Devils Nose is East of Bald Eagle West of Sandy Creek (it’s on a map).
Most people state actual landmarks around a particular port to help locate areas.
Today I fished out of Bald Eagle dead north of Devils Nose and trolled North East to about mouth of Sandy.
I usually fish waypoints in the 500’s straight off the nose but today’s waves weren’t letting me go there

Great post Jeremy [emoji106]

Got beat up out of the oak this morning. Temps were all over the place inside.

Sent from my moto x4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When I get warm temps this time of yr I go deep. I stopped 200 300 then 350 dropping probe till I saw a temp break, then started fishing. I know guys that did well in the warm water this morning, but personally I go offshore and look for better situations. We are getting close to the kings throwing temp to the wind and staying in the warm though. Saw multiple high 20’s taking in the 170fow range today on meat. Biggest I saw tickled 29[emoji51]

• Like 1