Shore fishing near Blind Bay

Hi, all.  Going to be spending the last week of Aug in a place on the river, just north of Chippewa Bay & Blind Bay.  Before the rest of the family gets up, I'll see what I can catch from the dock, but after they get up, what are some good spots to take the kids fishing for some high probability shore fishing?

I would go to a bait and tackle store in the area, and ask there, they have an interest in putting you on fish so you come back and buy some more bait from them.   My dad took my brothers and I to Chippewa when we were kids (50+ years ago) ,and the bait store guys sent us about 100 yards down shore from their location.  We caught beaucoup big sunfish and bluegills, but it was just before bass season, fish were on the beds right off shore.  But I've also heard about a million stories about huge fish, and lots of panfish, being caught right off the end of the dock in the St Lawrence, so you my find that there is plenty of action to keep them happy right where you are renting.

For a day trip that might be interesting, especially if they have finished the aquarium work, take a run downriver to Cape Vincent. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/27069.html  There is shore fishing there, too, and restrooms close by.

Edited by Lucky13

I am not an expert by any means on the river but I would say that you are going to be very limited with shore fishing. I know when we are there my son does a lot of fishing from docks but that's about it. That is one thing about that area, virtually all of the shore lines are steep rocky banks with a tangled mess of trees. With all of that being said, rig them up a slip float and put on a 1/2 of a night crawler and they will catch something.

There was an announcement yesterday that all the facilities at the Cape Vincent Research Station are opened back up.  Aquarium (learn what kind of fish you might catch, if you don't already know them), access for fishing from the docks, rest rooms (sometimes important with kids).  Not a huge distance down river from Chippewa area.