Help with my spread

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately living in NH I dont get to go out to the big lake as often as I would like. I'll be coming next week and wanted to get some opinions on my spread setup. I'll be staying in Pulaski and launching at Mexico. 

For gear I have:

Coppers - 200ft, 250ft, 300ft, 350ft, and 400. I have Amish outfitter big boards to pull them as well as Church TX-44's configured the way Blood Run recommended.

Dipsy's - I have 3 Dipsy rods setup with wire and Chinook Divers.

Downriggers - 2 Cannon TS 10's.

FishHawk 4XD

I also have a large assortment of Pro Troll Flashers, Spin Doctors, Spoons, Trolling flies etc.....

I have no problem understanding that I want to find 48-52 degree water, although not sure if they will be staging in out of temp ranges by next week or not.

If im going to put out 6 rods, what would you put on them? 

My plan is 1 copper each side on the Church boards, should I have spoons on each of them? Should I mix it up and have a spoon on 1 and meat on another with a Spin Doctor? 

Next rod in the spread will be a Dipsy on each side, meat or fly/spinny? 

Downriggers, same question, whats is your go to distance behind the ball and what should I run on them? I may run 2 rods on each rigger, 1 at depth and a 2nd one on my Chamberlain stacker 6-10ft up from the ball and just 6-10ft back from that release.

I've only done 1 other previous trip for late summer kings and in 4 days we only caught 4. Hoping to improve on that next week.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

-SLF

Although you may get some specific suggestions from folks I would suggest that since you have the equipment to do business with that regardless of what might be successful today that tomorrow or a week from now it may (and probably will) be different. You have an X4D and a variety of things to try. The water temps have been all over the place with these strong changing winds of late and different locations on the lake can have quite different conditions and temp profiles so take some readings as soon as you get out there in relatively shallow and move out a bit and check there as well and decide based on that information where to start out and what to use. Closer to the time of the outing ask specifically on here if anyone has been out there and take that info into account before you go. Recommendations regarding specific setups can vary all over the place especially at this time of the season and different locations on the lake....trust your own intuition and knowledge above all and experiment.

14 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Although you may get some specific suggestions from folks I would suggest that since you have the equipment to do business with that regardless of what might be successful today that tomorrow or a week from now it may (and probably will) be different. You have an X4D and a variety of things to try. The water temps have been all over the place with these strong changing winds of late and different locations on the lake can have quite different conditions and temp profiles so take some readings as soon as you get out there in relatively shallow and move out a bit and check there as well and decide based on that information where to start out and what to use. Closer to the time of the outing ask specifically on here if anyone has been out there and take that info into account before you go. Recommendations regarding specific setups can vary all over the place especially at this time of the season and different locations on the lake....trust your own intuition and knowledge above all and experiment.

Thanks Sk8man.

2 riggers one higher, one deep ... I'd cover 42F on bottom one and maybe 48F/50F on top.  Try spoons and meat.

2 or 3 dipseys, again cover range of water depth. Put on SD and flies.  Green, UV

2 or 3 copper ...  probably the 300' and 400', unless water is cold on top, then I'd go shallower.  Meat.

My opinion this time of year . Don’t worry about temp . Fish the marks. Sometimes less is better. I run all them junk lines in July . Once I target the mature kings, this time of year . I run 2 riggers and 2 dipseys only . I run mostly FF. Big kings go where they want . Sometimes less rods are better .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

21 hours ago, p3434 said:

My opinion this time of year . Don’t worry about temp . Fish the marks. Sometimes less is better. I run all them junk lines in July . Once I target the mature kings, this time of year . I run 2 riggers and 2 dipseys only . I run mostly FF. Big kings go where they want . Sometimes less rods are better .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I totally agree with this 

I would run 4 flashers with meat or fly at first . 

One on each rigger one high one lower like 20 ft apart and one on each dipsey to start .

If kings are around and hitting flashers 

That will be plenty . 

Find fish and stay on them 

• Like 1

Havent got anything dialed in yet. Skunked so far today. Ran downriggers between 60&70 as that’s where we kept seeing pods of fish. Started out in front of the Salmon River in 110 ft of water, 48degree temp was approximately 65 down. Ran 2 Dipsys with FF and a 7 color and a 10color. On a lunch break now and gonna head towards the plant this afternoon. Hopefully better luck