Heading up for the first time on 8/15, Staying on Wellesley Island and plan on fishing from boat. On the map it shows the St. Lawrence on 1 side, and Eel Bay on the other side of the island. Is there an actual difference here? Looking to target smallies (preferred) and even pike. Is it all the same water? What do I fish, river or bay, or are they the same? Thanks!

Very different. Eel bay itself is a lot of barren 8ft water, although there is decent structure around the islands that are there. There is a channel along Grindstone, runs from  Canoe point, all along the west/south side between there and Picton that the guides drift a lot. 

I don't fish there, but I know guys who do which is why I'm willing to give it up😀😀.

One thing for sure, you've got to be on bottom, and put your time in. Fishing is not fast and furious, when you get them its worth it.

Very different. Eel bay itself is a lot of barren 8ft water, although there is decent structure around the islands that are there. There is a channel along Grindstone, runs from  Canoe point, all along the west/south side between there and Picton that the guides drift a lot. 

I don't fish there, but I know guys who do which is why I'm willing to give it up[emoji3][emoji3].
One thing for sure, you've got to be on bottom, and put your time in. Fishing is not fast and furious, when you get them its worth it.
X2.

I dont fish it eith but I know guy that do. Eel bay has been a good but you also have to be careful too. I know that there is a lot of rocks there which is why I stay away from the bay. Right now the water is almost 74°. But the channel is a good area if the fish want to cooperate. Good luck. Bass fishing has been the better option this week

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app