$109 Rocket Launcher

garrymny

Just bought this ocean south rod holder, rocket launcher. Pretty nice for $109! Don't follow the instructions on the box as far as cutting the tubing though. It was way off. Just temporary install the uprights, then hold the top and bottom tubes up and Mark the cut lines. Got it on Amazon.IMG_20190816_173836092_HDR.jpegIMG_20190817_081352635.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

One their website I believe they have both a bimini version for $69 (out of stock) and a full standalone one for $139

Edited by Sk8man

I just got the rocket launcher, no bimini because I already had one. My tope stays up/open all the time, so I just mounted it to my existing bimini tubes. Had to a couple sight mods, but not hard. It is pretty sturdy, stainless steel, they say. heres the link. I guess it wasn't even $109. $79, plus shipping. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0188DBKP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Edited by garrymny

I would consider it if I can rig up some clamps that allow it to be taken down easily after fishing as I fold down and store the bimini in a boot at the back and there wouldn't be room to fold it down there with the launcher attached. It has me thinking though :smile: If it were SS I could use pins through as my bimini framing  is stainless but I'm reluctant with aluminum tubing about 1 inch diameter. For someone leaving their top up all the time it could be a neat solution. They are currently unavailable  both from the manufacturer and Amazon by the way.

Edited by Sk8man

Used it first time today. Works fine. I realize it's not as good as a a solid frame launcher bolted to gunwales but that's ok. Only thing I don't like is when rods are stowed there when you back up the land one with long dipsey leaders your rod gets into the ones in the rocket launcher.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Has anybody tried the other one from this same company, the one that mounts to the boat and folds down?

its about 170 bucks

if anybody has seen it or has one I would appreciate the input

thanks

• 3 weeks later...