2019 WATERFOWL SEASON !!!!

Yes sir , waterfowl is my life ! Without it I would be a lost solo . Lots of work over the years to find great spots but hard work pays off. Lol
Jerky .... I'll try to save some or I might eat on the way to fishing. Lmao!!
Gator for sure I'll put us on some birds !!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cast and blast this weekend, walleye on the st Lawrence and some morning hunts on the wood duck pond.

Hope I have something to report next week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck [emoji106]!

10 hours ago, longspurs said:

Yes sir , waterfowl is my life ! Without it I would be a lost solo . Lots of work over the years to find great spots but hard work pays off. Lol
Jerky .... I'll try to save some or I might eat on the way to fishing. Lmao!!
Gator for sure I'll put us on some birds !!!

Lots of hard work is right! And consistent hard work, too. Spots come and spots go. Nephews decide they want to hunt birds and you lose access to your best marsh. Properties sell. Folks pass away. And if you don't keep up the legwork, it all evaporates overnight. Between that and scouting and the 3 am alarms and huge decoy spreads, I think that waterfowl hunters may be the hardest working sportsmen on the planet. But you get out of something what you put into it, right? Keep on living the dream!

On 10/10/2019 at 6:37 AM, Gator said:

Lots of hard work is right! And consistent hard work, too. Spots come and spots go. Nephews decide they want to hunt birds and you lose access to your best marsh. Properties sell. Folks pass away. And if you don't keep up the legwork, it all evaporates overnight. Between that and scouting and the 3 am alarms and huge decoy spreads, I think that waterfowl hunters may be the hardest working sportsmen on the planet. But you get out of something what you put into it, right? Keep on living the dream!

Well said!! Always curve balls in waterfowl hunting. I hunt spots for deer that my uncle and dad hunted the same trees 30 years ago. Doesn't work that way for ducks and geese. My best duck swamp is 3ft low this year and the blind I normally hunt is 60 yards from even the edge of the water. Time to put in the leg work and find something new for next weekends western zone opener

Well,my cast and blast weekend ended up just s cast weekend.

Caught some smallies but no walleye.

Went to the wood duck pond one morning,
and it was a ghost town for ducks.
Didnt even even see any hanging out on the far side 200 yards away. Which sometimes that's where they want to be.

Never went back to the pond , just concentrated on fishing the long weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Found some teals last night.. luckily the land owner was super cool and let us get back in his swamp this morning .. 530 I’m walking towards the swamp and With no light just enough water to cover the ground.. next step i fall into a sinkhole up to my chest..The stuff we do for ducks! 3 man limit all teals birds quit flying at 10

13D2B61C-59D3-460A-8D8A-A2842F8D5219.jpeg

Edited by Roys Boys

Nice mixed bag today on Cayuga. 3 hunters, 11 ducks, Mallards, Blacks, Ringneck, Woody's, Widgeon and a Greenwing.  Took my son and his friend out for the youth Pheasant and they killed 3 roosters on Saturday and 3 on Sunday over my Lab. Hunting Pheasants tomorrow with my Brittany because the Lab has an eye infection I want cleared up before our trip to Nebraska in 4 weeks for Pheasants, Quail, Ducks and Geese. I killed another deer with the bow so its all about the birds now. Good luck and safe hunting!

Well the 12 year old Brittany has still got it. Killed 2 roosters this morning. The Lab's eye is looking better every day so hopefully he is on the mend. Gotta work the next 3 days but plan on hunting Oneida on Sunday for the opening weekend of goose and the last day of early duck. Good luck and safe hunting!