2019 WATERFOWL SEASON !!!!

Had a great couple of days. Yesterday I took my Lab Hank off the IR and killed 2 roosters over him. He did great and his eye is back to normal. Today we shot a 4 man limit of ducks which included mallards, blacks, widgeon, gadwalls and a pintail. Saw several other kinds of ducks also. Good luck to everyone chasing geese tomorrow and safe hunting!

Pretty good weekend this weekend. Killed a 10 man southern zone limit of 50 geese Friday. Alot slower Saturday but still scratched out 10 between 9 guys. Went and hunted a loafing area this afternoon and killed 5 Canadas a wood duck and a mallard between 2 of us and a buddy showed up later just before the mallard was shot. 67 bird weekend isn't bad in my opinion!!

Great start to my 4 week vacation. Started off with 2 roosters Thursday, ducks on Cayuga Friday and I took my son and 3 of his friends goose hunting today. New birds are showing up daily and that is providing lots of work for my lab. Hunting birds, birds and more birds until next Saturday, then more birds until we leave for Nebraska on the 21st. Good luck to all and safe hunting!

I did a solo goose hunt at the blind . Got there at 10:45 and about 11:10 had a flock of 400 come in . I let them land cuz I was in aww. I spooked them and just picked out the back birds . All the birds in that flock were huge in size . Amazing what the 5 decoys have been doing !!!IMG_20191111_112436.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday morning did not go as planned . Got down to the spot , all set up and only had 1 flock come in and land outside the decoys. Only got 1. 30 minutes later we were picking up and going to do deer drives. Lol
Today we went to the farm pond but couldn't stay long enough for the birds to come back we left at 9 with 2 mallards . Had couple flocks fly by when we were picking up . That's how it goes sometimes.

Had a great day today. I took my son and 3 of his friends to the lake and killed 10 mallards, a drake bluebill and a goose. My lab cut his pad on a zebra mussel so we had to pull the plug early. His pads were just healing from our trip to Nebraska. We had a great time, the weather took a turn on us on Tuesday, but we made the most of it. If you have never been to either the central or Mississippi flyway to hunt, you don't know what you're missing. Been out there 9 times now and can't wait to do it again.

Nice cooking [emoji108]!!!

Did a solo hunt today on some public! I did alot better than the past 2 days. Going back in the morning!! Just looked in my photos and no pic lol. What the heck. 2 hooded , 2 goldeneye's, old squaw, Buffy.

Great couple of days on the Finger Lakes. Mixed bag including a wood duck, redheads, blue bills, whistlers, buffle heads, mallards and a couple mergansers (the dogs told us to) LOL. JUST MY OPINION, we have been waiting a long time for season dates like this. We have been wanting to hunt the whole month of December for over 30 years and finally get a chance to. The divers started showing up the 24th of October (like always) and have been building in numbers ever since. There seems to be a good amount of mallards this year. Good luck and safe hunting!