2019 WATERFOWL SEASON !!!!

Two more weeks and the season begins !! Went to the lease to build a blind today , got most of it done . Just have to finish the sides and roof then brush it in . Might do that Tuesday. Can't wait !!!

Feel free to post pics of your hunt and a storyline if need . No locations I don't care about that [emoji16]Good luck to all !!!IMG_20190818_085819.jpegIMG_20190818_104251.jpegIMG_20190818_105034.jpegIMG_20190818_112501.jpegIMG_20190818_114901.jpegIMG_20190818_123853.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

There was plenty of banging yesterday and today across the street from our house. We'd been watching flock after flock go to one of the fields over there for a week now...I thought about hitting it myself, but I I have too much work to do in the woods, and time's evaporating on me with several away trips planned for September. Somebody had a fine, fine shoot though. 

Found a good feed last night for this morning. Pea field with cow poo spread in it. Smelled horrible but the birds wanted in. Quick limit wish we had another gun or 2 , other buddy slept in . Lol he picked the wrong day IMG_20190907_082146.jpegIMG_20190907_081727.jpeg

My buddy had a field lined up for this morning and another group did as well so we hunted together . We put 2 A frames together , looked mint. Birds went to a different field first thing and we got some groups on the way back to water to come in. Good hunt this morning with some good guys and their dog goose. IMG_20190921_102958.jpegIMG_20190921_084455.jpegIMG_20190921_080455.jpeg

Hunted that pea field from last weekend this morning and did about the same. Buddy is in from new Hampshire and he's having a good weekend so far. Hopefully we can get him on another good hunt tomorrow before he leaves. Some birds around the area. IMG_20190922_090705.jpeg

Great end to the September season today. Hunted Cayuga Lake 3X, Owasco Lake 2X, Oneida Lake 3X, Oneida River 2X, a flooded muck and a State Land pond during the season and killed geese everywhere. Had 1 good field shoot also. Looking forward now to Youth Waterfowl, Youth Pheasant and the early season openers, including a trip to Nebraska in November. Good luck to all and safe hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great weekend. Had a great hunt yesterday with my son during the youth waterfowl  opener and then again this morning with my son and his friend. Also managed to kill a buck last night on some state land. Cant wait for this weekend- youth pheasant and youth rifle for deer. All the training I did with my year and a half old Lab is really paying off, he shows promise to be a great retriever.

What a great weekend. Had a great hunt yesterday with my son during the youth waterfowl  opener and then again this morning with my son and his friend. Also managed to kill a buck last night on some state land. Cant wait for this weekend- youth pheasant and youth rifle for deer. All the training I did with my year and a half old Lab is really paying off, he shows promise to be a great retriever.
[emoji106][emoji106] for taken out the kids !!! We need more of that . Hope they had a blast . Good job with the dog and filling a tag. I call that a great weekend also!!

Hey longspurs, I somehow forgot what a dedicated waterfowl hunter you are. Now that I see how successful you are, I figure a little goose jerky out on the ice this winter is in order :smile:  I’m recovering from knee replacement but should be on first ice without a problem.  Keep up the good work.

I've been training the new fox red lab this year, and he's full of spunk, takes commands well...but his real talent lies with a frisbee. I'm hoping to get him out a few times this fall, but he needs finishing next year. Any failings aren't his, they're mine; he is smart, focused, and takes direction like a champ. We should try to get out together once the western season opens.