Cayuga or lake O

tim

The answer to this  nearly always depends on one variable: the weather/wind. Right now the weather forecast I looked for Friday at Sodus Point for example says NW wind at 9 mph which means that it may be gusting higher at 15 mph or more possibly and given its direction making it a very questionable choice for Lake O. On the other hand, Cayuga is very shallow at the north end for trout/salmon fishing so you have to go a ways south (getting rougher as you go south) to get into them. Don't ever underestimate Cayuga or Seneca as far as rough water is concerned because although the wave characteristics are different than Lake O they can be just as (or sometimes even more so) dangerous due to the short distance between them combined with their amplitude easily coming over the bow of a boat. Weather forecasts can and do change so by Friday and things may be different by then, but if the wind forecast remains the same take a lot of care if you go regardless of your decision.

Edited by Sk8man

That’s where I mainly fish is Cayuga but we were thinking of Lake O From what I am hearing it’s been a little slow on O And I didn’t try to make a rhyme

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Some decent advice here, wide ranging.    But it essentially comes down to this : if there is abundant rain in the fall, the tribS  will have all 4 species..........if not, there will be no fish or fishing in the creeks.  It really is that simple.  If no rain, stick to the lakes  , or try the larger tribs of lake O. The finger lakes tribs are far  too small to deliver consistent fishing   

Sorry not used to this phone yet went out Friday morning on Cayuga line set by 545 tried five and six color lead with different stick baits different spoons nothing dipsies on wire out to 300,400,450 With flasher flies spoons stick baits nothing switched over to gambler rigs with peanuts hundred feet of water six lake trout within two hours had a lot of fun with my son and watching pro bass fisherman fly around the lake at 100 miles an hour. My first report ever try to do better next time

Also forgot to say when out of Aurora fishing right in front of the church got the lake trout