Any Interest In a LOU group fishing trip next winter?

I know, a whole year away so why bring It up now? To organize a group trip we will have to make reservations 11 months In advance. There's no way around that so If we want to consider It we need to talk about It now.

Here Is my thought.

When: To be decided, Sometime In Jan or Feb 2010

Where: Long Key State Park In the Florida Keys

Before I get Into It, read this article about Long Key State Park. I have read several articles stating the same opinions on the area.

http://floridakeystreasures.com/fishing ... fish.shtml

I am going there this February 1st - 8th. I'll find out a lot more while I'm there obviously, but this Is my 4th year In a row going to the Florida keys and for those who have not been there....It's absolutely awesome!! This will be my first trip to Lksp, but the reviews are terrific, all sites are oceanfront and the fishing In the keys Is world class!

Prices In the keys In general are very expensive, but the State Parks are $29 a nite!! That's why they are always full.

RVs or tents....both work! I'll have my RV and boat, I'm sure Diesel will go so He'll have his RV, I'm sure some of us will have room for a few extra people who don't have an RV or tent. We can take several RVs, tents and boats and have a heck of a time!! With a group maybe we'll even line up a charter for billfish?

That's as far as I'll take It for now, but let me know If there Is Interest and what dates or Ideas you have and we'll put It together!

It stinks to have to plan so far ahead, but there Is no other way to get multiple sites at LKSP. We'd have to pick a date and book the sites 11 months ahead to the minute. The sites book up almost right away!!

Cool...which Island ya visiting Randy? Good luck and give us a report and some pictures!! Some months may be better than others, but plenty of tarpon are around all Winter.

One very cool place to go Is Robbies In Islamorada to feed the Tarpon. They are there by the 100's everyday for free grub, It's pretty neat.

Here Is their website:

http://www.robbies.com/

I'll be hanging out in Islamorada for most of the time, Might have to sneak a day trip down to Key West . Remember what happens in Key West ---????? OH' Yea Stays in Key West!!! Looks like the weather should be OK. Mid 60's to mid 70s. Looks like it might be good weather for fishing & Coronas. I'll try to get some pics down loaded when I'm Back-- Capt. Randy 8):beer::P

In some parts of Key West they run around wild. It's a Cuban thing. The kids have fun chasing them around. Don't miss the sunset celebration In Key West. It goes on every night of the week and It's truly fun and unique!

GinnyDigitalPics158-1.jpg

GinnyDigitalPics165-1.jpg