Late Season Ducks

Bringley, I have a camp right in Levanna. Which is on the East side. Lots of divers there. We go up and stay at the camp during the late season. Let me know if you need a place to stay. I would love to see how you do it. I saw a couple guys up there this year in layout rigs and they were laying the smack down.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you hunt ducks from a boat? Probably an absurd question, but don't you worry about other boat traffic, people's docks, houses etc? Do you hunt near shore, out in the middle of the lake? Do ducks hang around the shores, or do they like the open water (granted it depends on the specieis). Growing up in the Finger Lakes I've always wondered this...just curious! Not looking to criticize or for spots etc. :)

There are lots of diffrent ways to hunt ducks from a boat, because ducks hang around the shore and they like to be in open water as well. As for boat traffic, Oct-January is not prime time for pleasure boaters in WNY so seeing other people that are not duck hunters is often uncommon.I have found that most people remove there docks in the fall and its illegal to shoot at houses or any type of building, the DEC regs on the web site can explain this better than I can.