South end Cayuga

Skidplate

if you mean ice fishing you are better off at the north end.. the south end gets weird unworkable ice some years.. Jagged, pushed up into huge  filthy sheets  with huge ruts gouges and ridges..  You see  a few guys out there some years, but its not considered a good ice fishing location.. north end is MUCH better

At the south end of Cayuga  I used to catch  gobs of big perch, big rock bass up to a foot long, BIG Bluegills and Pumpkinseeds interspersed with Really nice SMB that would hit the worms or small jigs I used for panfish.. The fishing is not like that anymore.. The  Zebra Mussels, Gobies, and a couple of large die offs have devastated the panfishing at the south end.. There are still some perch around in the fall, and I have caught them in around 10-11 feet of water, but as stated its not  like it was years ago... Personally, I would say the north end is a lot  better.. Although I am only 20 miles from Cayuga south end , I no longer fish there for panfish.. I have  switched that type of fishing to Skaneateles, although its a MUCH longer drive.. The pan  fishing at the south end of Skinny, is FAR better these days than cayuga, and in fall there are a lot of big SMB as well... Once the gobies invaded cayuga there was a large downturn in the bass and pan fishing at the south end of the lake... Its better at the north end for certain.. Its worth a try, some guys still do ok I think  , but not me. I bailed out... bob

On 8/23/2019 at 4:59 PM, Billy H said:

Thank you.

Look, it might make sense to try it once or twice.. Things might have changed.. I have not bothered fishing for several years there as it had gotten so bad, but perhaps the gobies and mussels are more in balance now or something.. Personally, I no longer fish there, but you might discover something of which i am unaware.. Things change in these lakes...