Cayuga Major theft in Aurora last night

Just found out from a friend on the Bassmaster Elite series that there were 6 boats emptied last night in Aurora.  Biggest problem was several had no idea until they launched.  Thankfully our buddy Brock wasn't one of the victims.  These tournaments bring insane amounts of money into NY so perhaps we might see some justice.

A lot of desperate people out there these days no matter where you live needing money to support their habit. The good old days of leaving your home door open are gone....that feeling of being violated when that stuff happens is awful. I hope they find the culprits and put them away.

Edited by Sk8man

So I suppose you know all of them?  You really are special...I see just as much BS from every single group who SHARES our lakes....and every group blames the others.  Doesn't matter what cross section of America you look at you will find disrespectful people and you should look in the mirror.  I guarantee no elite pro was on plane 20 feet from your boat, or my boys for that matter.  Karma can be a ****....

Hope this doesn't get to be a problem up there , we stay at the old super 8 in Auburn and last time at a shady looking area in lansing called the trip motel , all went good but I was wondering what I would have left in the boat in the morning , so far never had a problem but its always on my mind !!!!

11 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

Just found out from a friend on the Bassmaster Elite series that there were 6 boats emptied last night in Aurora.  Biggest problem was several had no idea until they launched.  Thankfully our buddy Brock wasn't one of the victims.  These tournaments bring insane amounts of money into NY so perhaps we might see some justice.

Best justice would be a sound ass whooping.  Caught a guy stealing my car stereo when I was a kid.  The price he paid greatly exceeded the value of the stereo.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

If you attend Wells college a few hundred dollars in fishing gear is hardly worth the effort

Good point:lol: and it used to be a female only college at one time (back when I was at that age and attending a college somewhat nearby that was a real plus:lol:)

Do these guys lock their gear up after? With all the attention they bring you would think the could Hire someone to watch these boats for 4-6 hours a night.. I feel for the guys that lost gear but 8 boats? That’s crazy

5 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Good point:lol: and it used to be a female only college at one time (back when I was at that age and attending a college somewhat nearby that was a real plus:lol:)

Hey Skyman tone down. My wife attended that college :twisted::twisted:.

Anyways, we spent many a happy evening in the Fargo.

On another note. To rob 6 boats points at an organized operation with people who know what to steal and where to get rid of it. Probably not local and not some druggies. That stuff will probably show up somewhere in Georgia or Alabama.

• Like 1