Today was the last leg of the of Bald Eagle Series. With the forecast I almost pulled the plug not wanting to get thrown around for 7 hrs in a tin boat, but fishing is like crack so we headed out. Broke the pier heads at 515 to an angry Lady O at 3-5 footers. Original plan was work offshore to get our three majors then grind the inside for upgrades. With the wind out of the north that 13 mile run went to the back burner real quick. We set up just east of the nose in 50fow sliding out. Immediately had a tank break off my ten color pulling a Standard Glow frog, tough start. We ran a basic 6 rod spread . 2 riggers cheated , 2 Dipsy , and 2 off the boards. After 2 hrs we were 2/4 but released both (12lb king 4lb brown) knowing they would not do anything . So we pulled the the plug on a gorgeous screen and decided to run Offshore. We ran to 400fow on a North troll and it didn’t take-long for the rods to get moving. Cheaters and long lines were the ticket. 10 color for first 3 hrs then 300 coppers took over. By 11 we had our majors with an upgrade and some nice steelhead. We circled waypoint and best depths were 420-450. At noon we went to a south troll and figured we would ride the waves to the Port.We picked along the way and when we got in to 70fow we got another stubborn mature to go. We finished 3rd with just over a 19lb average and felt goo, but knowing we didn’t have a ringer. There’s a ton of good fishing offshore for a bit no need to play bumper cars inside[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Fantastic day to be on the water. I for one am glad you didn't call it. May have been my first tourney, but it sure wasn't my first roller coaster in a tinny, and I have a feeling it's not my last. Definitely alot of ups and downs today..... Literally. Great bite, great company, and surely memories made. Tough to forget losing 10 colors of lead on solid smash of the rod when you have an empty box, or having another man jump on your back to net a fish over you as you hand line in a green mature. Controlled chaos. Love it !! Thanks for the invite brother !!!

EDIT: to attest to Jeremy's character, he answered honestly about 8x that he was NOT in the LOC

• Like 2

Fantastic day to be on the water. I for one am glad you didn't call it. May have been my first tourney, but it sure wasn't my first roller coaster in a tinny, and I have a feeling it's not my last. Definitely alot of ups and downs today..... Literally. Great bite, great company, and surely memories made. Tough to forget losing 10 colors of lead on solid smash of the rod when you have an empty box, or having another man jump on your back to net a fish over you as you hand line in a green mature. Controlled chaos. Love it !! Thanks for the invite brother !!!

Glad you were able to get off work, next yr you’ll have to put more tourneys in the schedule...... bring the kiddos

• Like 1

Nice job! I was hosting friends, out fishing with Jolly and we had to give up early before they turned inside out. Have to stick to flatter water for them next time!

It was not for the faint of heart this day for sure. It took us 1 hr to run to our offshore waypoints .