Sold / Closed x-16 LOWRANCE paper graph sonar

• 2 weeks later...

:smile: Those were the days. I had a Heath Kit graph and was one of the first  around that I knew of to have one. It came as a box full of diodes, a circuit board and case and had to be fully assembled including soldering all the diodes etc. into the circuit board. I almost died when I opened the package thinking it would be just a few screws and mounting the circuit board and it was a few hundred bucks which back then was a lot of money. Luckily my dad was an electronics repair guy and could fix or repair anything. He said' Let me take a look at it....leave it here on my work bench" In a couple weeks he called me and said "I have something for you"  When I stopped by he had the graph fully assembled and working perfectly....I was  never so relieved in my life. I used it for many years. :smile: I learned a lot from it too as I would go over the chart section after each outing plotting my "next move":lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Didn't Heath kit make all kinds of kits for a lot of electronics. Never knew about the fishfinders. I loved the paper graphs. Had an eagle that was lowrances low end and an x15 and x16. Great times. Laying out 3500 for a couple new helix g3n models and wondering how we got here

[emoji2] Those were the days. I had a Heath Kit graph and was one of the first  around that I knew of to have one. It came as a box full of diodes, a circuit board and case and had to be fully assembled including soldering all the diodes etc. into the circuit board. I almost died when I opened the package thinking it would be just a few screws and mounting the circuit board and it was a few hundred bucks which back then was a lot of money. Luckily my dad was an electronics repair guy and could fix or repair anything. He said' Let me take a look at it....leave it here on my work bench" In a couple weeks he called me and said "I have something for you"  When I stopped by he had the graph fully assembled and working perfectly....I was  never so relieved in my life. I used it for many years. [emoji2] I learned a lot from it too as I would go over the chart section after each outing plotting my "next move"[emoji38]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My buddy has that flasher from his grandfather. Built in a metal box and when you open the top a flasher is inside. Still working too. He actually used it ice fishing when he was getting started. Sort of like driving a 57 Chevy just because you can

Yep they also made a flasher than I still have down cellar someplace [emoji2]

I received the x16 unit today. Thanks for the quick service. Lot of memories with those units.

I want to buy your unit but I need your info. I don't have or know anyone who has PayPal. Call Lloyd at 716 988 3804. Thanks