Sausage

Not quite right about that Brian.  They cut off about the last day or two of muzzleloader for a long Christmas break. It is always best to call.  I have been using Swans for six years now and they will make anything you want as long as they make the same product out of beef/ pork.  There are a few German sausages they have made for me that are not on their official list.  Just ask. And, while your there, stay and have lunch. Try a sampler meal of their brats and wurst.  Inexpensive and very good.

He stopped taking for a little bit last year. He was too busy with holiday rush and deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

Barry(Swans) stops taking meat in around thanksgiving because he's too buy with holiday orders

I'm looking forward to being able to stop there for lunch again. Moving back shortly! 

On 8/25/2019 at 9:57 PM, landingzone said:

Thanks for the DIY suggestions. I may try that.
Still interested in more sausage processor recommendations.

I have yet to find a good one so I make my own out of con Yeager spices and recipe book. Zielionople Pennsylvania. My favorite is the PA deer bologna spice.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:17 AM, GAMBLER said:

But it is community meat.  That's my only issue with his place.  Great stuff though. 

I am a processor... I have been doing this 15 years now..All sausage that leaves the shop is 100% you're own however the smoke meat is community meat. ..ALOT of guys have "problems" with a community product.. Here is the thing guys have to understand, As a processor I want EVERY SINGLE POUND OF SMOKE MEAT that leaves my shop to be 100% so I go through meat and only use what I feel is good meat..after I'm done inspecting and prepping meat, Bill's, Jim's, Jeff's, George's, Joe's meat is ALL the same quality before it hits the grinder..

• Like 1

I’m going against the grain on this one. Wanted to try Swans, had jalapeño cheddar dogs and slim sticks made last winter and to us it’s very bland compared to costanzas. Going back to Tony and I don’t care if it costs me my right arm.

• Like 2

You don't need a stuffer just a grinder almost every grinder comes with stuffing tubes. Just get a foot peddle it's so easy to stuff them from the grinder. And if you get the spices from LEM everything I have tried from them is really good. Only tricky part is getting the mix of pork and venison right.. once you figure out what pork to buy and how much to use it's easy.

I change the amount of pork I use for different types of sausages.. the ones I smoke or cook like summer sausage I use a little more pork than for breakfast.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 11/29/2019 at 9:13 PM, Silver Fox said:

I’m going against the grain on this one. Wanted to try Swans, had jalapeño cheddar dogs and slim sticks made last winter and to us it’s very bland compared to costanzas. Going back to Tony and I don’t care if it costs me my right arm.

Expensive but tasty! One of your charters pays for your Constanza's bill - not a bad trade....

Picked up my hot Italian sausage links from Swan's yesterday and vacuum sealed it all in small packages.  As a point of information, the finished product weight was approximately twice the weight of the venison I delivered to them.  I was a little surprised that it increased that much but they said they add a significant amount of pork (I think he said 50%) + other stuff.  He said adding that much pork makes it so the sausage is not dry.  It smells great in the raw state.  Have to cook some soon!

• Like 1