Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saturday got out to the end if the piers at 6am and turned around. Jigged up a catfish in the bay and decided it wasn’t our day. Breakfast at Bayfront.

Sunday I got my sister and nephew out. 2/5. One brown early and a laker. Fished 45-160. Didn’t mark much. Did anyone find kings around Rochester without going way offshore?IMG_5383.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Hey leadhead,

I went out for most the day on 8/25 - Not good - 1 Laker.  Set up in 80 FOW - a few hits on spoons that didn't hook up.  Went out to 250 FOW - no action, no marks,

Slow troll in - had a few cold beers anyway.  Dropped the gear to the bottom and managed 1 laker - so I didnt get skunked - But a tough day for me.

Anyone else do any good out of I-Bay?

I ran meat / Spoons / Flys - Only action was on spoons out on 10 colors.

A few guys at the office all said the only guys they heard of that did any good on kings were out over 400 FOW.  Man - It gets lonely out that far.  I fish a 19' CC, so dont like going out that far - although it has been known to happen.  I also ended the day at Bayside - No bad days of fishing!

• Like 1

Hey guys I was out there on Sun the 25th, about Midway between the bay and Hedges. Started in 150' and trolled to 400'. Hooked 4 and boated 1, even hits on spoons and SD/flies. All hits were in the 330 to 360' area with the riggers at 65-75 down.  Three were Kings with 2 saying goodbye 10' behind the boat. Nice GoPro video of the fish splashing and a lure flying over my head.  The 3rd no show is unknown as he was on the other line as I was bringing a king in. Always a fun event when fishing solo. Lake temps still seem screwy.  

Posted (edited)

Start at the 22-23 bar and go all the way out to the 27 if you have to. Matures were out there all last week and as of Sat. Be safe. 

Edited by A-Lure-A
  • Like 1

Went out with buddy Wayne did great out in front of Braddock bay , 100 to 200 f o w  biggest got off at boat , had to be 30 lbs boated 15 biggest 25 lbs dipsy was on fire out 300 number 3 setting green spin doctor green fly  4 steelhead the rest kings  . Had 6 in the boat by 7:00 north toll good luck

I was out there Sunday am trying my hand at trolling for salmon, new to this but have caught Lakers on Seneca.  Caught a steelhead and lost another, one at 35’ and lost one at the surface that hit at 50’ over 230’.  They seemed to hit after I switched to red trebles, one on a silver/purple spoon and the other on a green/blue.  It’s fun learning and adjusting to get the strikes.  Looking forward to getting out again soon to get my first salmon!  Good luck!

• Like 1

Good for you! Looking forward to a pic when you get the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United