Erie eyes, on Gambler Riggs?

JakeyBaby

Yes they do, I have not gone that slow my self, but we did catch a good number of then while heading dead into the wind and we were at 1.5 to 1.7. I did consider bottum bouncing with them but never ended up trying. I would bet my paycheck that 1mph would still fill your live well!

• Like 1

I have been running them off 4 &5 oz bottom bouncers and yes they are still pulling fish down to 1.3 below that and your drifting

Yes they do, I have not gone that slow my self, but we did catch a good number of then while heading dead into the wind and we were at 1.5 to 1.7. I did consider bottum bouncing with them but never ended up trying. I would bet my paycheck that 1mph would still fill your live well!

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I think it would be lights out up
on the river too...better than spinners.  I need someone willing to do an airbrush job on these things.

I am thinking of learning. I have to order a large amount of custom colors. It makes it tough on a small business to make large purchases like that. I have one custom color on order but would love to be able to do my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishing out there is stupid easy once the Ohio fish show up but everyone who fishes for Waldo knows how color sensitive they can be...even when the bite is good, and it’s different depending on your harbor and the water color/light conditions/forage where ur fishing.  At the end of the day these spin n glow colors are tailored to west coast salmon and steelhead fisherman.  Awesome tho that you guys have found an alternative that outfishes the old school Lake Erie spinner rigs....which I HATE (not speed tolerant, excessive by-catch, etc.)

15 hours ago, Jomat said:

Fishing out there is stupid easy once the Ohio fish show up but everyone who fishes for Waldo knows how color sensitive they can be...even when the bite is good, and it’s different depending on your harbor and the water color/light conditions/forage where ur fishing.  At the end of the day these spin n glow colors are tailored to west coast salmon and steelhead fisherman.  Awesome tho that you guys have found an alternative that outfishes the old school Lake Erie spinner rigs....which I HATE (not speed tolerant, excessive by-catch, etc.)

If this trend continues, I will order more custom colors tailored to the walleye fishery.  This week was the second most profitable week since I started Gambler Rigs 4 years ago.  My inventory is being depleted as fast as I can make them.  It will be a busy winter for sure! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jack said:

Anybody running these off riggers ,if so how far you running them from the ball ?

I have been using the 100’ rule ( down 60 back 40 etc)

I have to get them in the "zone".... As far as setback, with the eyes 50'.  They don't seem to like the torpedo weight running past them. 

In a week or two we won't have to fish this deep hopefully

• 2 weeks later...

What is this100 ft rule and how come I've never heard of it. The deeper you go the closer to release. I like it

First trip out with some Gambler rigs yesterday on the St. Lawrence/Lake O on a 3 way rig.  Had first fish on within an hour on the watermelon colour.  Was a slow night overall but definitely will be a productive tool in the bag!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app