Looking at coming down from Maine to fish September 15-22nd. Ive never fished Ontario but have been stocking up on various spoons, flatfish, flys, flashers, meat rigs to have a variety when I come down.

Any tactics to land mature staging kings?

Are there still Kings off shore?

Also would like to target Steelhead and Browns any tactics for September? 

Next year I plan on coming down 3-4 weeks and fishing just got my boat setup too late this year! 

I appreciate all the help I can get! 

Was looking at the Oswego and Mexico Bay Areas. 

Thank you Everyone!! 

AE2FC53A-3DF4-498A-9545-449B68383F42.jpeg

There might be some opportunities for immature salmon and steelhead offshore over deep water. Weather is tricky that time of year. You might be better served to book a charter in the next couple of weeks to speed up your learning curve and probably save you money. 

Most likely plan on fishing near the Big Salmon River where 1000's of staging salmon will show up. Keep in mind they are NOT hungry but will bite out aggregation maybe dragging J-plugs, spoons or FF combos. First light is key because they are very spooky with high sun. Depths will be contingent on surface temps and rainfall affecting the river flow. I will be out there next week and can give you better details when I return, every year is different but you learn a lot over 35 years of fishing Lake O.  Good luck.................Pete

ps. Where from Maine?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PD Buoy said:

Most likely plan on fishing near the Big Salmon River where 1000's of staging salmon will show up. Keep in mind they are NOT hungry but will bite out aggregation maybe dragging J-plugs, spoons or FF combos. First light is key because they are very spooky with high sun. Depths will be contingent on surface temps and rainfall affecting the river flow. I will be out there next week and can give you better details when I return, every year is different but you learn a lot over 35 years of fishing Lake O.  Good luck.................Pete

ps. Where from Maine?

Thank you for the info I really appreciate it! Coming from Kennebec County (Central Maine)