copper length??

Chow,keep the 600 and when your outa the pac and the thermo is that deep have a good time with it,but if things are a little tight with other boats you can still use copper with the results desired ,make tighter turns.as for me my copper is Always in the cabin unless jason or musky wants to mess with it.

For those asking about snapping the extra snap weight to a CORE line-I can only tell you what has worked for me and some of the captains at the Oak. IF -you are trying to achieve extra depth, why would you add the weight to the backing behind the core line itself? That means you would have to leave out that much more backing to achieve your desired depth from the point of entry, once the additional weight hits the water. Doing it the way it is listed at the Oak site-snapping the weight at the leader where it meets the core, now is gaining you that additional depth up front without having to let out a greater length behind the boat. Usually when I'm adding extra weight to a core line it is from 1-3 ounces, ( there have been exceptions as mentioned on the Oak site however) to achieve the depth to desired temp zone. Again, I can just tell you what has worked for me. I've taken a lot of targets using the method described on the attheoak random tips , for I'm one of the the authors there as described. Boat name use to be the 3C's. Now,will it effect the so called "rise and fall" action of the core, maybe? I'm not convinced it does however. All I know is that it works the way as mentioned. For those who think it would impact the action-you can still get the rise and fall action with the weight by simply trolling in a means of not straight line trolling. Outside line speeds up thus in theory rising and inside line slowing, thus falling. As far as being a thumper type rig, it is not. First I usually fish a clean spoon on the core, thus not using a dodger which the thumper requires. Also, the length of leader of a thumper is much shorter than that of a core setup, let alone the amount of weight being used. Lastly, I use a wire line for my thumper rigs, compared to the lead sheath core line. So there is a lot of difference between the 2 rigs.

first off whitenuckler's boat has limited room! also it is alot to ask a 3 person crew to reel it in . since one, my sister is about 100lb and my neice is 80lb.I got to fish with 400' and 600' we hooked up on both in the same day. thanks to (FLASH 5) a good friend and mentor, I was able to see good and bad sides of copper. I would need to learn more on my boat before I went right to 600".also how often is he fishing 90 to 120 feet deep?