Fished from 6am-430 pm. Was 12-17 in 550 fow. 2 were big Steelies. Few Kings around 12 and biggest was 18. Mostly on 400 or 500 copper meat rigs. Few good ripper bites on dipsy with spoons but all got off quickly. Had a pretty good day again. Did pretty much same yesterday but more steelies. Mainly on rigger at 74 on carbon 14 spoon. We r gonna hit it again in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Trolling back to port now- 8/10- meat rig in last post hooked 9. Lots of fish in here- lots and lots of hooks on graph- Fish the marks

Nice! That’s a solid day of fishing. I should probably spend more time on getting meat rigs dialed in. Can never get them to work for some reason.

Fished from 6am-430 pm. Was 12-17 in 550 fow. 2 were big Steelies. Few Kings around 12 and biggest was 18. Mostly on 400 or 500 copper meat rigs. Few good ripper bites on dipsy with spoons but all got off quickly. Had a pretty good day again. Did pretty much same yesterday but more steelies. Mainly on rigger at 74 on carbon 14 spoon. We r gonna hit it again in the morning.

Damn, 550 is out there. Any LOC sized steel out there?

Nice! That’s a solid day of fishing. I should probably spend more time on getting meat rigs dialed in. Can never get them to work for some reason.

Dan1-Take the time to dial those meat rigs- it will pay big dividends! They are really very easy to run. A lot of people over think stuff on this site- I completely understand not running something you have no confidence in but next year add one to your spread- it’s the only way to learn but once you do you will be very pleased- GL

Dan1-Take the time to dial those meat rigs- it will pay big dividends! They are really very easy to run. A lot of people over think stuff on this site- I completely understand not running something you have no confidence in but next year add one to your spread- it’s the only way to learn but once you do you will be very pleased- GL

Thanks for the advice! Last time out I ran a twinkie rig about 48” long behind an 11” pro-troll flasher. Depending on work schedule I might be able to get out again on the weekend of the 7th. I will make some adjustments and see how it goes!

Dan1, I have fished with meat off and on for the past 5 years, not a hit on it. This year I committed to running it regardless of activity.

First trip this year caught 5/6 on meat. Game on, we were in Olcott for 17 days fished 6 days. Caught 32 fish, 1/2 of the fish came on meat.

Make sure your meat if tuned and running correctly. I think either I was not paying close enough attention to the spin of the meat or something was

wrong in my setup. I am sold on meat now.

Enjoy,

Dan

Dan1, I have fished with meat off and on for the past 5 years, not a hit on it. This year I committed to running it regardless of activity.
First trip this year caught 5/6 on meat. Game on, we were in Olcott for 17 days fished 6 days. Caught 32 fish, 1/2 of the fish came on meat.
Make sure your meat if tuned and running correctly. I think either I was not paying close enough attention to the spin of the meat or something was
wrong in my setup. I am sold on meat now.
Enjoy,
Dan

Sounds like some good fishing! I appreciate the advice, I will adjust till it works

It is interesting to me on the fine tuning. I spent my first season really trying diff things with it and had moderate success. Last 3 years though I have used minions and big weenies and haven’t touched it. Just put it down and leave it there and it has been my go to. I will say though that on our boat I do not get many hits over 2.3 on our fishhawk down speed. I try to always be between 2-2.2 when running a lot of meat. Seems slow but the rods pop
Good luck! Don’t give up on it

It is interesting to me on the fine tuning. I spent my first season really trying diff things with it and had moderate success. Last 3 years though I have used minions and big weenies and haven’t touched it. Just put it down and leave it there and it has been my go to. I will say though that on our boat I do not get many hits over 2.3 on our fishhawk down speed. I try to always be between 2-2.2 when running a lot of meat. Seems slow but the rods pop
Good luck! Don’t give up on it

Maybe that’s the key... I’ve been running 2.2-2.6 on the cannon speed/temp unit

It could be. Every boat is different and there are plenty caught in faster speeds daily with meat but that was the key on our boat.
I like you had limited success in the beginning and then dedicated my probe rigger to meat one day and dropped it in the ice. Took all day but Once it fired, confidence grew and it became a game changer for us over the next yr. Good luck!!